♛TEN♛

Rescued

When we are young, we build a fantasy around what we see ourselves becoming in future

When we are young, we build a fantasy around what we see ourselves becoming in future. As we grow old, we forget the boundaries we set for ourself and then blame it on destiny when everything goes to shit.

✦✧✦

"How the fuck is this possible."

Valeria whispered for the third time in the night as she read through Steve's file that Tony had sent her.

The screen was on her bed as she scrolled through all the information regarding a man named Sergeant James Buchanan Barnes, someone who looked exactly like the Winter Soldier sitting grumpily in her living room.

It said that Steve and James had been best friends since childhood and reunited again on the battlefield after Steve went through the procedure with the Super Soldier Programme.

Both men had disintegrated the Nazi science division known as Hydra, led by the Red Skull.

But all that was given about James was till the point where he fell to his death during their mission to capture the Swiss scientist called Arnim Zola.

Valeria sighed, turning the screen off as she picked up her phone for a moment and opened up Shield Archives.

"Arnim Zola"

She entered the name and everything related to the man appeared in front of her. She skipped past the things that she had already read about him in Steve's file before stopping over an attachment called Operation Paperclip.

"Operation Paperclip was a secret US intelligence program in which more than 1,600 Nazi scientists, engineers, and technicians were taken from Nazi Germany to the United States for government employment after the end of World War II in Europe, primarily between 1945 Paperclip."

Valeria continued to read on further about Arnim Zola and his role in Hydra, growing more and more certain about his involvement in James' present condition.

However, to her dismay, there was nothing more about the mad scientist except that he was employed by Shield and then died in the year 1972 after receiving terminal diagnosis.

Valeria sighed before typing in another name in the Shield archives.

The Winter Soldier

A small amount of attachments appeared on her screen, most of which were only accounts of witnesses, if there were any, and aside from that, Shield did not have a clue about whether or not he existed.