♛ONE♛

Stardust

Once upon a time, she saved herself

✦✧✦

"Well, let me know if real power wants a magazine or something."

Those were Nick Fury's last words to Loki before he proceeded to walk out of the steel trap that contained the God of Mischief.

They had captured him from Germany a few hours ago and now, as Nick sealed the door with his key-card, he could not help but wonder if Loki's capture had been too easy.

He was so deep in his thoughts that for a moment he did not realize that he was being watched. But when he did, he smiled, knowing who it was as he turned to his side.

And there, leaning against the wall, was a woman dressed in black from head to toe, her face was masked while her raven hair flew down till her waist in voluminous waves. She stood there still, no doubt sheathing a lot of weapons in her suit as she watched the Director with obsidian eyes.

"Is this going to be my last day, Huntress?" He asked in an amused tone.

She cocked her head to the side, thoughtfully, "not yours, I think. But perhaps for the God that you have trapped in there." Her voice came out gentle and melodious but Nick Fury knew better than to doubt her ferocity.

Grinning, he stepped forward, "I did not think that you would actually come." He told her with honesty.

She snorted, rolling her eyes as she stepped forward to wrap her arms softly around Nick. He grinned as he hughed her back, kissing the side of her head with affection.

"I missed you, old man." She mumbled softly and he knew that not many were lucky enough to see this side of her.

Hell, not many were lucky enough to bring out this side of him, for that matter.

"I'm assuming that I will have to reveal my identity to a few of your people?" She asked him as they pulled back.

Nick gave her a sheepish glance, "you can disappear again afterwords, or you can even choose to not tell them your real identity at all. You have thousands of aliases, choose any one of them."

She waved her hand dismissively, "it's fine. I'm assuming that if these people are good enough for the Avengers Initiative, then they can handle my identity." She said shrugging as the two of them began walking towards the main arena of the Helicarrier. Agents and engineers looked at her with wary and confused expressions but seeing the Director by her side, neither uttered a word.