I swear, if he doesn't stop calling me sweetheart, I'm going to marry him. I lied about Echo being sick because he doesn't need to know the real reason I'm not going in.

     I continued watching the movie with Echo giggling and babbling to herself. She's so cute.

     I got a notification on my phone so I reached over to the coffee table and grabbed it, checking the notification.

Shortly after, I got another notification causing me to groan. Why is the world testing my patience today?

I grab my phone from the table, again. And check the notification.

 And check the notification

     What the egg. I told them to go to class. Although I'm slightly irritated they are just throwing away their education for me, I smile at the thought that my friends took that risk.

     I slowly sit up with Echo still gripping onto my shirt with her tiny little fists. I walk to the door with Echo sucking on her thumb with one hand and the other wrapped around my neck.

     "Guys, I told you to stay in school," I say as I open the door, letting my best friends in.

     "Girl, we do not care. We are your protectors." Shay says walking past me as Nie just kisses mine and Echo's cheek.

     "I brought us all Chinese food from the new place uptown."

     "Thank's boo. We can eat in the living room."

     We all walk towards the living room and sit at the coffee table while Nie set's everything up and puts on a new movie.

     "What do we say, Echo?" I ask, encouraging her to use her manners.

     "Thank you Aunt Nie-Nie and Aunt Shay!" She says, clapping her tiny hands while she sits on my lap, bouncing up and down.

     Shay and Nie both laugh at her excitement.

      "Your welcome little baby!" Nie says, leaning down and kissing her cheek.

     Echo takes a bite of her pork dumpling and takes a sip of water out of her Moana sippy cup.  I lean over and take a bite out of Nie's shrimp lo mein before Shay speaks up.