s. 16 ep. 5

📍 Lakeacre highschool, 11 am

We were having class again. Music. One of my favorite subjects since we only sing or have funny competitions together.

It's pretty fun and with Soojin on my side, we are the perfect duo to sing songs.

We went into the room and got on our seats. We often have our door open for air to come in and go. The windows are too small

"Soyoung. Remember your homework?"
"Yes." I answered and got up.
"Then please show it to us. After that Daeul and Soli will show us their homework."

I walked infront of the class and got ready. I took out my own written notes and hoped this would work out. Just like you practiced.

Our homework was to write a song well actually we could decide what to do. And I just wrote my own piano piece.

I slowly started playing when suddenly something hurt in my ear. "AH!" I pressed my ear.

"What's wrong?" My teacher asked worried. "I don't...know." the shrilling sound stopped. But suddenly started again.
"I don't know. Is it okay if I go to the school nurse?"

"Yes, yes! Soojin go with her."
I ran out of the room but couldn't keep walking.

I bumbed into somebody while the shrilling sound started again. "Shit." The boy said. "I'm so sorry!" I quickly apologized and kept on walking.

"Soyoung! Wait for me!" I halfly heard Soojin so I stopped in the middle of the hallway. The sound slowly disappeared.

"Oh hey Daniel - Jungwon." - "Hey Soojin, what's wrong?"
"I don't know somethings wrong with my friends ear."
Is she for real? We need to keep moving.
"Soojin hurry! There's no time to talk!" I got back to her and dragged her away from the two boys.

We got to the school nurse and she checked my ear. "Nothing's wrong. What kind of sound was it?"

"It was kinda like...." I thought of the perfect answer "...like RIGHT! We did this in physics where we can check the frequency and when the signal frequency is really high with something like 400 Hz it hurts your ears. That's what the sound was like." The nurse looked at me like I just solved a mystery.

"Okay.... Uhm. How old are you again?"
"Sixteen since yesterday."
"Oh belated happy birthday!"
"Thank you!"
"Did you check the meaning of things when your soulmate is near you?"
"No? Should I?"
"Yes. Because meaning Nr. 10 says: when you hear high pitched sounds in your ear, your soulmate is nearby." She said looking at her phone.

"So does that mean maybe he was nearby?"
"Yes. Could be."
"That's so stupid!"
"I know." Mrs. Lee shrugged her shoulders and looked at me.
"Anyways. Here are some ear drops." She gave me the package and went to her desk again.
"Thank you Mrs. Lee!" Soojin and I bowed and walked to class again.

***

"But that's impossible." I said thinking.
"What do you mean?" Lia asked and ate of her ice cream.
We were currently walking back home.

"We asked every dude and no one had the same song as me or made my ear hurt. Then how is that possible?"
"I don't know girl. Something's wrong with your soulmate then."
"Or I missed something"

☁︎☁︎☁︎

In case y'all didn't notice I have twt now and we all better be moots there 🙄 jkjk anyways follow !! PAHHAHA /j