Chapter 5: Nazar

Hearing Ante's reaction made me realize that I took the right decision. I didn't know what was going to happen and how we were going to deal with everything that came with that life changing decision but I hoped we would make it work like everything else. "I love you too..." I whispered after a few seconds of silence before kissing him again. 

As we walked back to the house, I couldn't help but think back to the first time I had told him those words. Ante had been spending a lot of time studying and, during the weekends, he still found the time and strength to cook new and different meals for us to eat together. We had been eating a new dish he had been trying in the kitchen and he was telling me what he had been learning at school and that he hoped he would be able to graduate soon so he could start working in a field that really interested him. I had been so proud of him, of what he had accomplished and I was already sure he would end up working in this field because I knew how hard he worked and studied. The words had left my mouth before I even had time to think about it and he abruptly stopped talking.

"What did you say?" He asked in a small voice after a few seconds of silence.

I smiled at the disbelief in his voice and repeated the same words, becoming worried when he said nothing after that. "Is everything alright?"

After a few more seconds of silence, he whispered something and I could hear that he was trying not to cry. "Do you really mean it?"

"Of course I do." I responded back, hoping he would believe it. Hearing the doubts in his voice made my heart hurt and I regretted the times where I told him that I had never felt any butterflies while with him. While it was true, I had learnt that love wasn't like in the movies or books and that there were lots of different types of love. I had always loved and cared for him as a friend but I had grown to love him as a partner. He was everything I could hope for: he was nice, caring, funny  and we could talk about anything for hours.

"We're here. Are you ok?" He asked, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Sorry, I was thinking." I said, sending him a small smile as we entered the house.

"About?"

"How much I love you." I replied, my smile getting bigger as I heard his embarrassed groan. I would never get tired of it.

We went upstairs and went in the bedroom where we undressed ourselves before going under the covers. I crawled closer to Ante and kissed him softly while one of my hands laid on his left cheek. My fingertips were moving from his forehead to his nose and to the skin of his cheeks, feeling the different textures as my fingers were going from his scars and burn marks to his skin.

"What are you doing?" He whispered, breaking the kiss.

"Enjoying how beautiful you are." I whispered back before giving him another peck on the lips.

"What's going on with you? I don't think you have ever been like that before..."

"What? I can't touch you and show you how much I appreciate you?" I asked before putting small kisses on his cheeks and neck while hovering over him. "Let me make love to you." I added in a whisper and felt him shiver slightly under me. 

My hands continued to touch his face before slowly going down, one hand going on his back while the other touched his torso before resting on his stomach, touching his burn marks. I could feel the uneven texture of his skin as my hand was moving, it almost felt like sandpapers under my fingers and I smiled into the kiss. Unbelievably happy and proud that he was trusting me enough to let me touch him that way. As we started making love, I made sure to be slow and gentle and to concentrate on his own pleasure. Hearing him moan into my ears was my biggest turn on, no matter how many years went by. Once we were done, we cuddled without saying anything and I was drawing invisible patterns on his thigh.