Chapter Sixty-Seven

Start from the beginning

Aunt Katya and College were all present and attentively listened when I told Ivana about my little adventure. I was shy to tell it at first, but I came to realize that these are the people that are going to be part of my future. I don't need to hide or be shy around them. They were all shocked by my story, and honestly, if I am in their shoes, I would be too.

There was a moment when Dominic's mom pulled me aside and gave me the blessing to stay and watch over Dominic for the rest of the night, which I definitely agreed to. She doesn't even need to ask because, either way, I'm going to stay right here until my love regains his consciousness back. It was already eleven in the evening when Aunt Katya and College left.

I pulled the lonely chair right beside the table where Ivana laid the flowers and chocolates, and I immediately felt pain. I can still feel the draining fatigue from that long flight. I had to stand up and stretch my arms and legs before sitting down. I held Dominic's fine arm and kissed it with such tenderness.

"I'm really sorry for everything," I babbled out. "I really do. I realized that I love you more than anything else in this lifetime. I promise I won't hurt you anymore. From this point on, I'm going to love you like the clouds hug the rain. I'm going to love you like a bee's eagerness to find nectar."

I kept on talking while holding Dominic's hand but all of the accumulated physical and emotional exhaustion finally made its decision to let me fall asleep right beside Dominic.

Morning came faster than I wished and I woke up still feeling tired and heavy. My neck was so stiff that I had to let out a loud groan just to adjust from the pain. I was still holding Dominic's hand, and I was electrified to feel his hand squeeze mine.

"Dominic?" I piped in such exhilaration. "Are you awake? Hey! Dominic!" I stood up and looked straight at Dominic's face with my bloodshot eyes and unkempt hair. I thought he was still unconscious at first, but then he started giggling.

"You're so loud. You woke me up!" Dominic teased.

"Thank god you're awake!" I squealed and hugged him.

"Awwww. Careful, I still have injuries."

"Oh, sorry! I'm sorry!"

"You look awful Valentine!" Dominic confessed, and I can't help but agree and laugh with him. I fished my phone and used it as a mirror to try and fix my awfulness.

"You look awful too!" I jested while combing my hair with my fingers.

"And you smell like shit." Dominic volleyed back.

"Oh," I said and paused to check myself. I really do smell like shit. "I might have to take a shower later."

We were both teasing and laughing at each other as if nothing had happened between us. There was probably a moment of silence before Dominic began to sound serious.

"I'm glad that you're here Valentine! I missed you like crazy!" He was looking at me straight in the eye, and I can feel how true his words were.

"I missed you too, Dominic." I replied, and in a flash, I quickly thought this was the best time to ask him to be my man.

There's no other best time other than this time. I must ask him now. I don't want another almost for the third time. I want this to happen now.

"Uhm, Dominic?" I started.

"Yes?"

"I want to tell you something," I spat, and my heart began to pump faster. I can feel the adrenaline rushing inside me.

"I also want to tell you something," Dominic replied.

"Oh, okay. You go first." I said, feeling a bit thrown by him.