Chapter 17: He's a Werewolf

Start from the beginning

How was I supposed to survive on this planet without anything? Sure, I had my gun but what help would that be when I ran out of bullets in just my pouch?

It was too much.

I couldn't do it.

And I broke down.

I fell to my knees, hand to my face and holding my tears. My sobs came out as wheezy puffs of breath with the ludicrous leaf still stealing my voice.

I cried harder.

A warm hand gripped my shoulder, and I startled my sobs away.

"Sthandwa sami," he caressed me with a gentle tone. "El? Cry."

When Thann kneeled down to me, my fight was over. I was already bounding into his embrace, everything forgotten.

I needed him.

My arms came around his neck and I pulled myself against his chest, his warm arms around my back, nose nuzzling down to my neck.

"El."

After a whole minute of an embrace, he lifted us to a stand, a hand stroking over my face. He then signed. Thann werewolf. Sorry.

I nodded, wetness still dotting my eyes.

"Cry," he said sadly and cupped my face, thumbing through the tearful trail.

I swallowed harsh and nodded again, still not able to speak. Scared. Werewolf.

No scared Thann.

I pointed to the dead three over by the cave. No them.  With worried eyes I asked,  Mathe?  Did I kill his brothers?

Thann looked over and shook his head.  No. No Mathe.  Werewolf not good.  Bad werewolf.

I breathed out in relief and he pulled me into his chest for another hug. His love was warm and comforting, a cocoon around my pain.

He stepped away again and touched over the tooth cuts across my chest. "Hurt."

They were still bleeding and staining my shirt, but I just shook my head. Thann here. El safe. I looked up pitifully.

He caressed down my face again. I bent into it and sighed in relief.

"Kiss?"

I recoiled, hearing him say the new word, then looked over the way of the dead wolves and nodded. Yes. That A-Hole werewolf kissed me.

When Thann took a deliberate step against me and cupped his other hand around my face too, I looked startled up to him and he was leaning in, head tilted.

What was....?

His lips then pressed silk soft against mine and in perfect stillness I closed my eyes and bent into him, nearly losing my footing.

This wasn't the passionate sexy kiss that wolf beast gave, but this lit a fire within me stronger than any desire I'd ever felt.

The kiss was as chaste as any middle school peck, but so much better than any wild hot tub makeout session.

Everything I ever knew about kissing and intimacy was wrong. This was right.

It was home.

It was perfect.

Thann was right.

I didn't want to ever open my eyes again as he pulled away.

"El?"

A breath finally came from my unforgiving body and I gazed up at him.

"Hurt. Ulimale kuphi?" His hand stroked over a stinging spot on my chest. "Stay. Ngizothola umuthi."