Chapter 38

"Marry me." Bucky says.

"Are you pregnant?" You ask. Bucky chuckles, "No I'm not pregnant, păpuşă."

"Bucky, we've only been together for a few months." You say.

Bucky sighs and cups your face with his hands. "Take a couple of days. Think about it. I want you to be my wife. Just remember that when you think about your answer." He says. He kisses your forehead.

"Thank you for the promise ring. And for the, uh, proposal." You say. Bucky chuckles.

"You're welcome păpuşă." Bucky says.

Theres a knock at the door. "Y/n. It's time to come down." Tony says.

"Be there in a minute." You say.

"You guys can have sex later. Get your ass down here now." Tony says.

"Give me a minute!" You yell. You look at Bucky and roll your eyes. "Can we have sex later?" Bucky asks. You giggle and stand up.

"You didn't answer my question." Bucky says. You turn to look at him. "Which one?" You ask before leaving the room. Bucky sighs and runs after you.

You walk downstairs and someone picks you up and spins in a circle. "Happy birthday!" Thor yells as he sets you down. "Thank you." You say.

Wanda comes up and hugs you. "Happy birthday." She says.

"Thank you." You say.

"Tell me about the proposal later." She whispers.

"Of course you read my mind." You say. She giggles, "You were thinking about it."

You let go of her, just to be embraced in a hug by Nat. "Happy birthday!" She yells.

"Ah. Thank you." You say startled a bit.

She hugs you tighter and tighter. You try to break away. Wanda, Thor, and Bucky pry Natasha off of you.

Everyone else walks in and says happy birthday. You thank each one. Bucky takes your hand in his.

"You okay?" He whispers.

"I'm the center of attention. Of course I'm not okay." You whisper back. Bucky chuckles and wraps his arm around your waist.

Tony grabs your left hand and looks at the ring on your middle finger. "When did you get this?" He asks.

"Bucky gave it to me today. It's a promise ring." You say. Tony nods and looks at Bucky. "Ask me before you propose to her." Tony says.

Bucky nods. Tony walks away. Bucky looks at you with a worried expression. You giggle and kiss his cheek.

Hours later, everyone is drunk. Besides Bucky and Steve.

Thor comes up to you. "Ah y/n. I was wondering if you had any friends for my good friend Loki." Thor slurs.

"Thor, Loki has a boyfriend. And you guys are my only friends." You say.

"I'm your friend?" Thor asks. You nod. Thors eyes start watering. "Aww come here!" Thor says. He pulls you into a hug.

"Aww thank you!" You say as you hug him tightly back. "Alright Thor. I'm gonna need my girlfriend back." Bucky says as he pulls you away from Thor. Thor wipes his tears away.

"We're friends." Thor says. You nod and put your hand on your heart. He smiles and does a little hop before running away. "Y/n and I are friends!" He yells.

You giggle before turning to Bucky. You poke his nose with your finger. "Boop." You say. Bucky smiles.

"Boop." You say as you touch your nose to his. "We should get married. Like right now." You say.

Bucky grabs the sides of your face and pulls you back. "You're drunk." He says. You shake your head no. He shakes his head yes.

"But, getting married sounds so fun." You say. Bucky scrunches his nose. "I don't wanna marry you cause it sounds fun. And you are drunk." He says.

You sigh and lay your head against his chest. Bucky softly rubs your back. "Is there still cake?" You ask.

"Yes, there is still some cake left." Bucky says. You look up at him. "Can we have more cake?" You ask. Bucky nods.

He takes your hand in his and starts walking to the kitchen. You start clapping when you see the half eaten cake. Bucky grabs you and him a fork. The two of you eat the cake.

Bucky ends up feeding you after you fail to put the cake in your mouth after four tries. You now have frosting on your nose that you refused to let Bucky clean off.

"Here comes the choo choo train." Bucky says. You open your mouth and let him feed you the cake. He kisses you once you close your mouth.

You smile and scrunch your nose at him. He giggles and puts some cake in his mouth. "I love you." You sing.

"I love you too." Bucky sings back. You giggle and touch your nose to Bucky's. Leaving a small amount of frosting on his nose too.