The Wood

I sat in the black box watching as students line up to audition for The Wood and to support Jay and Beck, Jay was doing it for fun and I told Beck that this was free publicity for him and if anything goes wrong I'll be there to help him along the way.

"Okay, next" one of the producers called and Tori ran to sit on the chair.

"Hey, Tori Vega" she introduced smiling "Girl" I silently laugh as she said that.

"We can tell" the other director retorted.

"Okay, Tori, this is a really informal audition," Kyle said "We're just tryin' to get a feel for your personality".

"Got it, feel away" I rolled my eyes and spotted Jay doing the same.

"What's the worst thing you've ever done?" they asked and instantly various scenarios popped into my head but the worst one was what she had done to Cat a few weeks ago.

"Oh, I know, I squirted the hot cheese all over my friend and her current boyfriend, who was my ex-boyfriend, and then I kissed him right in front of her, which I felt really bad about" she recited "But then, it was okay, 'cause she punched me right in the face" she smiled at the end, next was Andre.

"Tell us something you love" Kyle started.

"Easy, music" Andre responded.

"And something you hate?"

"Brussel sprouts".

"Okay, what if there was a really great song about Brussel sprouts?" Mick added.

"Well, y'know, I'd probably... I'd probably feel like..." Andre stuttered over his words not finding an answer "Because when... it usually depends on... Um, may I go to the bathroom?" As Tori's sister stepped on set I tuned her out.

"And so, then, I realized acting is not about acting" Beck spoke and I was recording him so that he has a clip he can show scouting agents that he can handle interviews well "It's about letting the emotions inside of you come out and represent moments..." he was cut off by the director's assistant or something, she looked at him dreamily.

"Are you dating anyone!?" she yelled.

"Katie" Kyle scowled but was ignored.

"I just think we should know if he has a girlfriend" she turned her attention back to my boyfriend "Do you?" and that was my cue, I stood making my way toward him.

"You shouldn't have said that" Lane, who stood by the directors and camera crew stated "Too late" I saw the student make way for me, and I stood in front of Beck noticing his smile.

"Who are you? Who is she?" Mick questioned, "We are in the middle of a shoot".

"Don't mind me, I was called for" they gave a confused look "By her" I pointed to Katie, her brows furrowed.

"Do I know you?" she inquired.

"No, but you're about to".

"This is Everest West, my girlfriend" Beck stated and realization dawned on their faces.

"I really hate when people drool over what's not theirs, it makes me angry especially when it's mine and their name is Katie" I walked towards her and leaned down into her face "Are we going to have a problem with you leaving what's not yours alone?" she shook her head in fear and I stood straight "Good, I would hate to repeat myself" I turned to Beck "You're doing great babe" with that I went back to my seat, after a minute they continued the interview, Beck had joined me when he was finished and now we were watching Jay.

"Okay, Jade, what do you hate?" Beck laid on the chairs with his head in my lap knowing Jay's interview would be a long one if she was listing the things she hates.

"Uh, tuna fish, flowers, giggling, the word panties, cilantro, rainbows, ducks" she started "Man, I hate ducks, cramps, string cheese, clocks, wet doorknobs, bras that hook in the front, the color yellow, carpeting..." the list went on and on until they had to stop her and ask her some other question.

We were outside having lunch when Lane and the directors walked up to us.

"Hey, you guys" Lane greeted "Kyle has some cool news for you".

"Tori Vega, Beck Oliver, Jade West, Everest West, and Andre Harris" Kyle announced "Congratulations, you're all gonna be featured on 'The Wood'".

"Really?" the others said except me and Jay "Fantastic".

"And what about me?" Nina questioned.

"No" Kyle shot her down.

"Why not?".

"'Cause, you reek of desperation".

"That's her natural scent" Beck commented and she glared before stomping away.

"Why was I cast?" they looked at me.

"Well, the kids seemed terrified of you and you intrigued me" Kyle stated.

"And you're hot" Sinjin popped up to say, I stared at him and he ran away.

"That too, plus our crew voted you in minus Katie" we were interrupted by Nina and Robbie pulling Festus out of his truck.

I watched Beck and Andre try to order from Robbie and Tanya as they had to take over for Festus since he was in the hospital, when that didn't work out they decided to order pizza, and Andre went to collect his part of the fee as Beck pulled out his phone to order, Kyle and Mick with their crew arrived and pointed cameras at him.

"Uh... hey, guys" he greeted.

"Ignore us, just keep doin' what you're doin'," they told him and he nodded. He continued his call and they got shots of Robbie and Tyra fighting over a fork.

I was in my room hacking into Kyle and Mick's computer to see if the first episode of 'The Woods', Jay was beside me testing out different shades of black nail polish on my toes, we have this unofficial routine that every night we either stay in her or my room and spend the night there, tonight was my room.

"How are you and Josh?" I asked as I scrolled through Kyle and Mick's computer files.

"He called me yesterday and the crew caught it on camera" she responded and I gave her my attention "It reminded me of Robbie's crew but unlike last time it doesn't bother me because I know that Josh likes me no matter what I like, what I wear and what people think about me".

"I found it" she sat beside me and we watched the video, after it was finished Jay looked at me.

"That wasn't what I expected them to do".

"It's reality tv, they need drama even if they have to fake it" I closed down my laptop "But the same rules applied like last time, if things go bad I'm right there to pick up the piece" she smiles at me and held out her finger with our arrow tattoo, I returned her smile and locked my finger with hers.