The Bird Scene

(Outfit in the pic above)

"Sikowitz?" Jade exclaimed as a ball interrupted the play she and Cat were performing.

"What?" he questioned

"You hit me in the face with a ball," Cat said holding her cheek.

"Oh, come on! A truly great actor can stay in the scene no matter what's happening around her" he tried to reason.

"But it really hurts. Oh, lunch, yay!" Cat stated as the bell rang forgetting the incident that happened.

"Learn your lines, I want everyone off book tomorrow".

"Hey, you wanna come to lunch with us?" Beck asked Tori with his arm around my shoulder while his other held both our packs.

"Sure, just lemme...Aaah" she screamed as a ball was thrown towards her face but she dodged causing it to head straight at me, Beck stood in front of me allowing the ball to hit him instead "What was that for? I'm not acting right now".

"We need to chat," Sikowitz told her.

"And 'Tori, can I see you?' Wouldn't have worked?"

"It involves Everest too" I rose a brow at this

"I'll get you something from the food truck," Jade told me as the others had a knowing look on their faces, I nodded and they left.

"Have fun" Andre told us.

"Protect your face" Cat added.

"What's up?" Tori said as we faced the teacher.

"I hear you signed up to audition for a play 'moonlight magic?'" he spoke to Tori then me "And you signed up for the Salsa".

"Andre wrote the music for it and he wants me to play the lead" Tori explained.

"Salsa is the only dance that they don't teach online" I informed.

"You both should but you can't, not until you pass 'The bird scene'".

"The bird scene?" Tori and I questioned confused.

"Here at Hollywood Arts, every student must complete 'The bird scene' before they can audition for any school productions" I nodded in understanding, it was like a test of some sort.

"Hey Sikowitz, can I do my bird scene today?" I asked he looked at me in shock but nodded.

"I am free for the rest of the day so whenever you are free I'll be in this classroom" I exit the room and then went to find my sister and Beck as I wasn't close to the others, I found them sitting outside, Jade saw me and beckoned me over, I sat between her and Beck.

"Thank you for blocking me even though you didn't have to," I told him and he smiled, pushing my lunch in front of me "I need to see Sikowitz before we leave then" I spoke gaining everyone's attention.

"Why?" Jade questioned.

"So I can do the bird scene for them to allow me to join an activity I want".

"You're doing the bird scene today? Normally it would take people a day or two to come up with what they are going to do".

"Oh I don't know what I'm going to do but I'm sure I'll figure it out" they nodded.

"Hey, you know where I could buy a pair of ballet slippers?" Andre asked suddenly.

"No, I don't but I know where you can get yourself a pretty skirt and some lip gloss" Beck teases.

"Heh, heh, heh, that was a good one, Beck" Robbie laughed "Lip gloss" I looked at him weirdly.

"Why do you need Ballet slippers?" I asked curiously.

"'Cause I signed up for ballet" he replied smiling.

"Whoa, whoa, isn't that kinda girly?" Robbie asked.

"Yep, just one big room full of girls, and me" he grinned "You guys picking up what I'm putting down?"

"I am, pretty smooth" Beck commented.

"I don't understand" Robbie's brow furrowed.

"A lot of girls who dance, all in one room, with him" Robbie gained an understanding look.

"Would you mind if maybe I signed up too?" With that an image of Robbie in a tutu filled my head, I snorted quietly but Jade heard me.

"You saw him in a tutu, didn't you?" She whispered and I nodded, silently laughing.

"Nah, go for it, how about you, Everest?"

"Can't, Jade already signed us up for salsa dancing besides I've taken ballet already".

"Really".

"Yeah, I took it for a couple of years before I stopped".

"I can't eat salsa," Robbie said suddenly.

"Why? 'Cause, it hurts your stomach and gives you nightmares?" Andre teased.

"No. Yes," Robbie and Rex said respectively, the bell rang and we went to our other classes at the end of the day Beck stood at the door of my last class.

"Jade left and asked if I could bring you home" I knew she was setting us up but didn't say anything only nodded, Beck, walked with me to Sikowitz's classroom. We entered and saw him with his feet on the table drinking a coconut through a straw, he looked up and saw us.

"Ah, welcome" he stood and motioned to the stage, I walked up as he and Beck sat before me "Attempting the bird scene, action!" I did a performance based on the script given to me and the other girl but I put my personal spin on it, at the end of my performance I stood facing them.

"I'm finished" they were quiet and I stepped down from the stage.

"Aren't you curious about what we thought?" Beck asked.

"Not really, you can tell me if you want but I know I did my best and that's all that matters," I told them "You can grade me however you want" Sikowitz stood.

"You are the only student I've had and probably in the school that manages to complete the bird scene on their first try", he smiled "You captured the full essence of the bird scene, an actor doesn't let anyone tell them how to act, you Everest are something special" I felt my lips turned into a smile, his eyes widened.

"Thank you Sikowitz" he nodded with a smile of his own "A teacher had never said that to me before".

"They should have and I am happy to be the first one to say it" Beck held my hand as we left.