Girl Meets New People and Date

The audience gave a standing ovation as I finished my performance, I saw Jade and Dad amongst the crowd, they came out of their seats and made their way to me when the curtains lowered, I turned and saw Lane taking to another dark-skinned male who was a couple of inches taller than him before Jade showed up and pulled me into a hug.

"That was amazing Eve" she smiled then released me, and I turned to Dad.

"Wow, that was incredible" I smiled at him.

"I'm glad you like it" Lane came up to us and gave me a thumbs up.

"You did good kid, see you on Monday?".

"I met him on the plane and he saw my sketches and part of the song, he told me I had a spot here if I wanted it".

"Do you?" Dad asked.

"Yeah I do" Jade smiled at me then Dad and Lane went to his office to talk about my transfer.

"Oh my god!" an excited voice shouted causing Jade and me to turn to see a group with shocked faces.

"Jade is smiling," the guy with a puppet said "Actually smiling and no one is hurt" the redhead girl skipped up to me with a bright smile showing her dimples

"Hi" she greeted.

"Well aren't you a pocket full of rainbows," I told her.

"Thank you, I love rainbows" I turned to Jade.

"This is Cat Valentine," the girl waved "The weirdo with the doll is Robbie Shapiro and the doll is Rex".

"He is not a doll/I am not a doll" they both complained, the boy more loudly. Ventriloquism.

"Andre Harris is the guy with the keyboard".

"Sup".

"The last one is Beck Oliver" he gave me a 2 finger salute "Guys this is Everest, my sister" silence surrounded us as one by one their mouths fell.

"You know, I can see it," Andre said after a minute then the others nodded in agreement "Did you write the song that you performed?" I nodded "It was fire".

"Thanks, for my first ever performance it went well" I spoke.

"That was your first time on a stage?" Robbie questioned in disbelief.

"First time on a stage, first time singing, first time letting other people hear my melodies and tunes" I listed.

"You're mad talented" Beck informed me "Are you going to apply to Hollywood Arts?".

"Already did" I spun around to see Dad "All papers are signed and they have your file, you start next week, you and Jade have the same schedule" he rested his hand on both Jade and my shoulders "I have to go to the office" we nodded.

"Thank you for being here even when you didn't know what it was for," I said.

"Anytime. I mean it, anytime you or Jade need me I'm only a call away".

"We know" we synced then he left.

"So we have 2 new kids on the block" Andre smiled "That girl who performed with me, she got in after a lot of convincing".

"You're like an Oreo!" Cat said out of nowhere then giggled.

"And you're adorable" she smiled.

"I can't tell if she means it or not," Rex said.

"She means it, she's Apathetic" Jade explained "We should head home".

"I can give you guys a lift," Beck told us and we agreed, we left and I sat in the back to let Jade and Beck talk "So Everest did you move here?".

"Yeah after Dad got custody of me, I moved in with them" I closed my eyes as I replied enjoying the feel of the night wind against my skin "This is nice" the rest of the journey was spent in silence. We reached the house and I got out after Jade.

"Hey, Everest" I faced Beck "How about I show you around tomorrow?" I turned to Jade who ignored me and went inside.

"Like a date?" I crossed my arms.

"Yeah" he smiled "A date".

"You just met me"

"Then I can get to know more about you".

"Why do you want to take me out?".

"You're different from the girls at school, I like a girl with fire in her eyes".

"Tomorrow then, I have to buy some paint anyways" I walked into the house and heard  Beck drive away.

"Did you say yes?" I faced Jade.

"Yeah, what's his deal?" she laughed.

"He likes you, Beck is the most wanted guy at Hollywood Arts but the girls there are too preppy, high strung, or easy and some are all 3" she explained, "Well except me, he has dealt with those same types of girls all his life, he wants a change".

"So I'm his change?".

"You're like a breath of fresh air to him, imagine eating the same thing over and over again but then you see something exotic, you'd want to try it to see if you like it," I thought about and agreed "Just give him a chance".

I sat at my study table, sketching a portrait of Jade as I waited on Beck, he got my number from Jade and texted me last night saying he would be here at 9, I was mid-way through sketching when I got an idea to do half of the portrait as herself and the other half as how I saw her. As I finished the sketch my phone rang, it was Beck, I looked out my window to see him leaning against his car. I made my way downstairs after I told Jade I was leaving, I closed the door behind me and went to the car.

"Hey" he greeted with a smile.

"Hey" he looked at my outfit.

(Outfit and Makeup look in pic above)

"You look nice" he opened the passenger door for me and I got in.

"Thanks, I can pick up my stuff whenever".

"There's an amusement park in the town over if you want to go".

"I've never been to an amusement park" he nodded.

"Let's get your stuff then we can go," I told him where the store was and in no time we had my stuff in his back seat and were on our way to the amusement park.