Kisses From You| 16 |

En başından başla

"Ayo Sadie" Jay patted her arm softly. Brad staring, watching as she sat there zoned out. "Sadie you okay?" Jay said again this time he decided to shake her.
She jumped, shaking her head as if she just got out of a hypnosis. "Yeah—yeah what's wrong" she looked around to see Jodie still haven't made it out the fitting room.
Jay laughed, "nothing we just noticed you were too quiet and then saw you was sitting here like a zombie"
She gave a faint smile, "just thinking" she said
"Thinking hard as hell" Brad chimed in

Sadie ignored him. If Jay hadn't shook her out her thoughts she probably would've burst into tears. That would've brought even more confusion. The memory of Jodie and her felt like it just happened yesterday. A promise they made to each other that neither thought to keep. "Are you sure you're okay" Jay whispered for only her to hear. Brad went to asking the lady for another glass of champagne.
"I'm fine" she said with a smirk, "I promise"
He stared at her for a while before he finally let it go. It was obvious something was bothering her but Jay and Brad wasn't the ones she needed to talk too.

When the tailor came from around the corner with a smile, Jay and Brad attention automatically went to her—not too far behind was Jodie. Her inches of hair pulled up into a bun, broadcasting her face structure. She looked happy, as she came model walking around the corner. "What y'all think" she said striking a pose, causing Sadie to smile to herself. The tuedxo was a white matching pants and jacket. The only thing detailed was the satin jacket that had diamanté buttons and bows on the sleeve.
"Eh" Sadie was the first to speak, making Jodie eyes avert towards her.
"What you don't like it" she frown, looking down at herself then meeting eyes back with her.
"I don't know" she shrugged
"It's not giving what it was supposed to gave" Brad blurted

The atmosphere grew quiet and within seconds everyone started laughing. Jodie turned to look at herself in the mirror, analyzing how the tuxedo actually looked on her. "I agree with Brad" Sadie said still laughing about what he said. It was too girly for her in Sadie's opinion
"Not your style lil dude" Jay said causing Sadie to point at him

Jodie stood there still holding that same frown, turning to look at the lady, "back to the drawing board Lisa" taking a step off the stoop, she started to walk back to the fitting room until she stopped
"Can you come with me" she looked directly at Sadie
"Me" she pointed to herself which only made Jodie roll her eyes,
"Who else I'm not asking these dudes to come"
"Good" Brad chimed in as he gave a disgust look

Sadie stood from the chair, placing her glass that was still filled of champagne on the table. Putting her cross bag on the right way, she followed behind Jodie and Lisa. Unlike the front area, the lights in the back were a little dim—making it hard to see how one actually looked in the tuxedos. Passing by the first three doors, Jodie stopped at one before she finally pushed it open. "Okay thanks Lisa I'll be right out" she said to her, moving to the side to allow Sadie to come in.

When everything was good, Jodie sighed, turning to face her. "This shit is way stressful than I thought" she said, starting to unfastening the first button on the jacket.
"I mean what did you expect, you're getting married in a few days" Sadie said, taking a seat on the mini bench that was placed in the fitting room, "why did you decide to get a tuxedo at the last minute?"

Jodie stood there, taking each layer off as she neatly hung it back on the hanger. She went to the next tuxedo as if Sadie didn't just ask her a question. "Hello" Sadie furrowed her brows, "are you just gone ignore me right in my face"
"I'm not" she said as she started to put one leg through the pants.
"So what's your answer" Sadie watched her
"I wasn't so sure if we were getting married" she finally said, avoiding all eye contact

Sadie who sat there appalled by her response, waited for Jodie to say she was joking but she never did. "It's just couple problems nothing too serious" Jodie said again, this time having both legs in the pants and pulling them up to her waist.
"Nothing you want to talk about?" Sadie asked, not for her convenience but because she truly wanted to make sure Jodie was okay—after all she was her friend.