You're Confusing, Sometimes

Later that day, as Luca and Alberto were helping Dino putting some fishing supplies in his truck, Luca noticed that Al wasn't wearing his earrings. After asking about them, Al turned away nervously, replying, "Oh, I...I don't really like 'em anymore, heheh. They were starting to bug me, you know?"

"Oh..." Luca nodded, looking down. Al noticed how sad he looked after he said that, and he started feeling bad, too. Alberto really liked wearing them, he thought they looked cool. But after hearing what Ercole had told him, he'd thrown them away. He started to fear if anyone began assuming he was queer, after seeing him wear them.

Forget it, you don't need them. Al shook his head and continued helping Dino with the stuff. Once they were finished, Dino hugged Massimo, patting his back, "Thanks for letting these two come along with me, Mas'! I appreciate the extra help, we're gonna have a lot to do, haha!"

Laughing with him, Massimo replied, "It's no trouble at all, Dino! I figured they needed the break anyway, after a bunch of crazy things that happened here. Just don't let them out of your sight, they tend to...wander off a lot, heh. I hope they won't cause too much trouble, you take care, now."

"You too, compagno! And don't worry, my buddies and I will keep a close eye on them!" Dino walked back to his truck, opened the door, and sat in the passenger seat. While he waited, Luca and Alberto said their goodbyes to Massimo, Giulia, and Sofia.

"Be careful, now," Massimo ruffled Al's hair, smiling at him. "If I hear back from Dino that you kids have been getting into some trouble, you better be wearing some ear plugs when you get back."

Alberto snickered, knowing that he was joking. "Ah, we'll be fine. It's Luca here that they need to watch."

As he and Luca began shoving each other playfully, Massimo broke them up, chuckling. "Alright, alright, enough. Just stay safe, you hear?"

The two nodded and hugged him. After breaking the hug, they approached Giulia and Sofia and the four got into a group hug.

"See ya later, boys. We won't miss you at all," Giulia joked, grinning at them.

"I'll miss them! I'll be crying every day!" Sofia said with sarcasm. They all laughed and let go of each other.

"Don't have too much fun without us, we won't be gone for long," Luca said to them.

"And don't YOU have too much fun without us!" Giulia replied, patting his shoulder.

"So what else will you guys do when you get there?" asked Sofia.

"Oh I'll be showing Luca a bunch of cool stuff," Al smirked, resting his arm on Luca's shoulder. "Too bad you two won't get to see any of it. Right?"

Pushing him away, Giulia smiled, rolling her eyes. "Yeah, yeah. Just go already, fish-breath!"

Sticking his tongue out at her, Alberto backed away and opened the back door, hopping in the truck. Luca followed behind and sat down with him.

As they shut the door, Sofia hollered, "Bye, Lucy! Bye, Alby! You're both adorable and I hope you have lots and lots of fun!"

Giulia eyed her, raising an eyebrow. "Lucy? Alby?"

Sofia shrugged, "What? It was all I could think of!"

***

Once they were finished helping Dino take everything in his cabin, they put all of it in his storage closet and got settled in. While Dino made supper, Alberto showed Luca around the cabin. Luca was amazed by everything he'd seen, it was his very first time being in a cabin, and he already couldn't stop looking at everything that caught his eye.