Chapter One - Infiltration

Start from the beginning

Ai's hand shot straight up.

"Really? None of you besides Ai? Nishi, pay attention and stop eating your notebook, don't you know that food is prohibited in class? What are the names of the 4 lands?" 

"Uhhh...there's the Seething Settlements, the...Windy...erm...windmills?" Ryoshi put a hand to his face as he called upon Ai to speak.

"The Seething Settlements, the Leviath Lands, the Tranquil Terrain and the Cryptic Cliffs."

"I still believe that the name of Windy Windmills is far better than Tranquil Terrain," said Nishi.

"Oh my gosh, will you- Ugh. Anyways, each land is inhabited by a different clan which determines your last name. Can anyone tell me - besides Ai - the names of the clans? Yes, Kumo?" "There were the Geirus, the Namis, the Yaketsukus and the...hmm..."

"Ooh! I know this one!"

"Yes, Nishi?"

"The Yummies!"

There was a brief, awkward moment of silence. Then the entire class burst into hysterical laughter, even Ai and Ryoshi.

"Did I say something wrong?"

"Yamas, Nishi, the Yamas." Ai corrected.

"Oh. I gotchu."

"Enough," Ryoshi said as the class quieted down, seemingly feeling a soundwave pass through them.

"Each clan belongs to a different land and they also have distinct facial features that show their clan. The Geiru clan resides in the Tranquil Terrain, the most numerous of the clans. They are characterised by red eyes and white hair. They are always able to wield wind. The Nami clan resides in the Leviath Lands, characterised by black hair and blue eyes. They are always able to wield water. The Yaketsukus reside in the Seething Settlements, characterised by blonde hair and yellow eyes. They always use fire. Finally, the Yamas, the least numerous of the 4, reside in the Cryptic Cliffsides. They are characterised by brown hair and orange eyes, and are always able to use earth. You got that down?"

Ai was completely finished, Hyo and Kumo were struggling to write everything down, Nishi went to sleep and Ashura Hasashi had just arrived at class, with messy blond hair and yellow-orange eyes.

"Ash, take a seat! Why are you so late?"

"Sorry sir, I was playing with Ligma."

"Who's Ligma?"

"LIGMA B-"

"Ash, that's quite enough from you. Watch your tongue."

Ashura begrudgingly sat down, subconsciously holding a ball of fire in his hand. Along with that, he could also control stones of various types. His main talent, however, was in weapons.

"Alright, now that that's done, we'll learn about these middle lands. The land that the Lancers, our faction, is built upon is the land of lightning, which currently goes by The Unnamed City. The Lancers serve to unite these lands and bring our peoples together. Class dismissed, everyone. Go do...whatever it is you do in your spare time."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sky flashed a brilliant display of oranges and pinks as Tatsumaki Geiru tinkered away in his lab, mixing up various types of crazy potions and hi-tech gizmos. Right now, he was working on a concoction that would turn the drinker into an incredible warrior made of hardened flesh, funded by none other than the largest company seen by the 4 lands: Aether Inc. Why Aether would need this was beyond him.