Max walked over to her an put a hand on her thigh. And upon feeling his touch Lydia raised her ears and looked towards to feeling on her leg. When she looked down and when her eyes landed on Max she quickly grew a small smile. 

Max: " Don't worry Lydia, I still want to be friends its just that I need some space sometimes ok.  He said giving her a warm smile. 

After hearing this Lydia wanted nothing more than to reach down and scoop him up. But she was able to stop herself. Instead she reached down and put a hand on his shoulder. 

Lydia: "Thank you Max that really means a lot to me." She said with a smile. 

Max: "No problem Lydia." 

Just then Lukas and Tullius came back with both arms filled with sticks and logs. 

Tullius: "Alright we should get the fire going before it gets to cold."

Lukas: "Agreed let's get that going right away." He said looking up to the now darkened sky. 

Right away they got to work setting up the fire and after a few moments the two wolves had a roaring fire going. But then  a sound was heard that was caused everyone to look over towards Max. 

Grumble!!!

Everyone looked over and saw Max was blushing with embarrassment due to his stomach making a noise saying that he needed something to eat. This everyone started to chuckle at the boys embarrassed look. 

Max: "Yeah I may have forgotten to bring something to eat." He said with a small chuckle. 

Everyone stopped there chuckling and paused for a second realizing that they to were getting hungry. And they didn't intend to stay out here but with all that happened they need to find something to eat. 

Lukas:" Hey maybe we could see how Max tastes." He said with a evil grin.  

Hearing this Max became very nervous and started to back away while looking frantically looking to the two female wolves who were staring at him. Max felt the a tree pushing against his back which stopped his escape as all the wolves were looking at him with hunger in all there eyes. 

Max then looked over and saw his rifle several feet away from him with no way he could get it. The Lydia moved from her spot and started to crawl towards him. With his heart now pounding and feeling terrified and betrayed by these people who he thought they were his friends.

Lydia licked her lips while she and everyone were now coming closer to him.  

He turned his head and closed his eyes and waited for death to come. But then heard laughing. Max slowly opened his eyes and saw the wolves were all laughing. His breathing didn't slow down and his heart rate was thru the roof. 

The wolves then stopped laughing and saw that Max was now very terrified of them. They then realised their mistake. And quickly changed their faces from ones of humor to one of regret and, their ears all laid flat on their heads. 

The Lydia stood up walked over and extended her hand downard with her palm up. See had a very worried look on her face. 

Lydia: " Hey Max look we were only joking around. And we are sorry we took it to far." She said with a saddened look on her face.  

Lukas: "Hey buddy look I'm sorry for doing that I thought it was funny but I see that we took it a little too far."

Tullius: " Yes Max please forgive us." He said bowing her head. 

Lydia then reachout further and placed her hand over Max's lap and spoke out in a soft voice. 

Lydia: "Please Max we are sorry, please forgive us." She said on the brink of tears.