Chapter 20 • The Secret Gets Out

You ran to the woods to see Bill doing his happy dance since he got the journal. "So, why is this old journal so important to you?" You ask. He stopped dancing, "Oh! Well, you see, Pinetree is too close to figuring out the mysteries of this town and that's no good. I don't need him finding out my plans. So, I need to destroy this." Bill said before throwing the book up in the air and snapping his fingers, lighting the journal on fire.

"Bill?" You cock your head to the side. "Yes, Babe?" Bill asked you. "W-What do you mean by plans? What plans? Do I know about these plans? And I'm pretty sure someone worked extremely hard on filling in that journal, you end up wasting that person's work? Bill, what is going on?" You have small tears well up in your eyes. Has Bill been lying to you this whole time?

"Well, I wouldn't call it lying... But from your perspective, yes, I have been lying." Bill reads your mind. "And to answer all your questions: No, you don't know my plans, I plan on taking over the world and I don't care about the author of that stupid journal." Bill explains. "B-But, why?" A tear rolled down your cheek. "Oh, Sweetheart." Bill wiped away the tear, "You see, back where I'm from, everything is 2D, meaning everything is flat. I was tired of it so I destroyed it all. Being honest, as sad as it was killing my family, my mom would have loved you." Bill started, "So now, I need a new place to call my own. A place where the party never ends!" Bill finished with an evil laugh.

"What about our life together?" You ask sadly. "And?" Bill rolled his eye. "Don't you want to spend the rest of our lives together? Just you and me and possibly children in the future? If your plan does succeed, you'll be too busy ruling everything you'll barely have time for me. I need you Bill." You say. "Uh, I definitely will make time for you. And our possible children in the future, that I'll help take care of. I'm not the trouble of children all on your shoulders, we'll share the responsibility. Also... If this does work out, this means you'll be my queen." Bill says about your potential future life.

"Bill... I don't want this. I don't want you to take over the world. I'm happy the way things are. Even though children would make our life change, I'm happy just as we are." You smile. "Don't you want a better life?! Everyone will bow down to us! We can do whatever we want! Life will be grand! This world would be pure madness!" Bill tries to convince you that it'll be fun. "Madness?" You question. "Yeah, why?" Bill asks.

"Babe, think of this. Say this plan does succeed. After you've done everything you want, what will you do then? Destroy this planet and move to someplace new to rule?" You ask. "Phht! There's lots of stuff I wanna do." Bill waves off what you said. "Bill, your immortal! You'll never die! You'll get bored eventually! And you'll live without me after I die, so if your plan was to make love all the time, it will end eventually!" You exclaim. "That's the amazing part! I can turn you immoral with me so we an live forever together!" Bill smiles big.

"Bill, no. If taking over the world is what you want, count me out. I don't wanna be part of that." You look down. "Y/n! You can't be serious! I'm doing this for us! So we can have a better life!" Bill grabs your hands and spins you, "We can dance every night before bed. We can wake up to the sweet sounds of birds. We can kiss and say I love you all the time and we won't be judged for it!" Bill says. "We can do that now! With our current life!" You yell, "I love our life we have now! You're acting like you have the worst life in the world! You think you have a bad life! My childhood, well it was... I don't wanna talk about that but... You are literally the best thing that happened to me and right now you're making me feel like I'm not good enough for you!" "Maybe because your not!" Bill yells back. "What?" You whisper as a tear rolls down.
"Y/n, I'm sorry, I-I didn't mean that. I'm just frustrated right now." Bill apologizes. "Its... Fine." You look away.

"I guess... I won't be taking over the world if it seriously means that much to you." Bill says. You nod, "It does."

"Fine. Lets just go home." Bill says as he started to walk in the direction of your house. "Can I make it up to you by having some fun in bed?" You ask. Bill turns to and smiles big. He runs back to you and picks you up bridal style and runs home to your shared bed.