Chapter 4 • Getting Caught

You walked back through the forest and back to the Mystery Shack. An old looking man, with big ears walked into the Mystery Shack from the other door that leads to the house part of the Shack.

You walked up to the man. "Hello Sir. I was wondering if I could get a job here? I need extra money for back home. My mother is extremely ill and she's pregnant too. I want to go home with extra money for my mom." You flat out lie. "Eh, sure, why not. We always need more hands. Now what's your name?" The man asked. "Y/n." You answered. "I'm Mr. Mystery. But you can call me Stan. Now I'll go make you a nametag. You can start by g-" Stan got cut off by Mabel tackling you to the floor.

"Y/N!!!" Mabel screamed excitedly. "Hi, Mabel." You laugh as you push her off of you. "Uhh, good. You two know each other. How about, Mabel, she's gonna be working here, show her the ins and outs." Stan directs his great niece. "Aye, Aye! Captain Grunkle Stan." Mabel salutes. "Don't call me that." Stan says in a monotone voice before walking away.

Mabel started showing you around the attractions and the gift shop. She gave you the job as the cashier since their old one, Wendy, quit.

Time Skip (which I'm gonna be trying to avoid)

You had just left the Shack and were on your way to your little 'campsite'. You didn't have a family so you lived in the woods, far away from people.

When you arrived there was a certain demon in human form who was sitting by a campfire. "Took you long enough kid." Bill got up and walked over to you. "Sorry that where I now work is about an hour walk." You with a little sass as you look up at him. "Cute." Bill placed a kiss on your nose, making you blush. "Shut up." You mumble as you push your way past him. You put your backpack down in your tent.

"You could ask for a house." Bill says as he walks up behind you. You sigh not looking at him, "I want to use it on something good, I'm fine out here." "Suit yourself." Bill shrugs.

"So, Kid." Bill sits back down by the fire. "Can you not call me kid? I have a name." You come out of the tent. "Yeah, I know, but to me... You're a kid." Bill smirks. You roll your eyes as you sit down next to him. "You want me to call you something else?" Bill asks which you don't respond, "I'll take your silence as a yes. Can I call you cutie?" You look up at him and blush then down again. "Its so cute. The littlest things make you blush." Bill teases.

"Why are you even here?" You ask. "I told you I'd be back, and well, here I am." Bill stands up. "Not a good enough reason. You could come when I ask. But no, you had to show up." You glare. "Cutie, ch-" You cut off Bill. "I prefer Kid." "Okay, Kid. Just chill out. I'm actually here not because I said I would be back but because I wanted to, uh, spend time... with you." Bill sticks his hands in his pockets and avoids eye contact. "Its... nice having someone around. Or some-demon." You say. Bill chuckles at your last sentence.

"You know, Kid, I really like you." Bill walks over to you and looks down at you. You stand up, "And I really like you too, Bill." You wrap your arms around his neck and he wraps his arms around your waist. You both slowly lean in.

Then...

"Y/NNNNN!!!!" You hear someone yelling your name. You look to where the voice came from then back at Bill. "Sorry, Kid, gotta go." And just like that Bill had disappeared. You look around to see Bill is completely gone.

You let out a small sigh before hearing the voice call your name.

"Y/n! There you are." It was Mabel and Dipper, "We found your phone, you left it the Shack." You weren't listing much, you were more focused on the fact that your demon friend just disappeared.

"Y/n?" Dipper asked, "Are you okay?" "Yeah, I'm fine, Pinet-" You stopped yourself from finishing your sentence. "'Pinetree'?" Dipper thought for a moment. "Bill? What did you do to Y/n?!" Mabel yelled. "What? No, guys its me!" You smile but the twins weren't buying it. "Bill! Stop playing mind games! We'll ask one more time what did you do to Y/n?!" Dipper hollered. "Guys, look into my eyes. Its me. Y/n." You say shyly. The twins looked directly into your eyes. They saw they were normal, "Phew." The three of you sat down.

"So, since everyone is now calm that Y/n isn't Bill, lets discuss why'd Y/n call Dipstick 'Pinetree'." Mabel said. "Only Bill calls me that. Why did you call me that?" Dipper asked you. "Well, uh..." You didn't know how to say.

There was a small yellow glow coming from behind the twins. A yellow triangle appeared. Your eyes widened at him. "Well, uh, maybe because she heard it from me?" Bill 'finished' your sentence, those weren't you exact words you were gonna use, but they were good enough. Dipper and Mabel turned to see him. "BILL!" Dipper yelled, "Get away from us!" "Yeah, get out of here you one eyed yellow triangle!" Mabel started to yell too.

Bill glanced over to you. You had a look of worry on your face. Bill sighed, "Listen up, Pinetree and Shooting Star. Y/n, here, summoned me, so now I hang around with her. She learned Pinetree from me. I am proud." Bill floated over to you.

"Y/n?" Mabel whispered softly. "I'm sorry. I summoned him by accident, and now he won't leave me alone." You explain. "Yeah, but now I think this one's got a soft spot for me, so I think its fine if I hang around more." Bill poked your cheek, which you swatted his hand away. "Y/n. That can't be true. You don't have a crush on Bill, do you?" Dipper asked. "Yep, she does!" Bill floated around you. "No, no. I don't. Sure, he makes a great friend but otherwise no. I don't like him." You crossed your arms. "Somebody's lying." Bill said in a teasing manner as he came very close to your face. "Shut it." You pushed Bill into your tent without looking. The tent started shaking before collapsing, leaving the triangle stuck in the tent mess. "That's easy to put back together." You state without looking behind you.

The twins just looked at the tent mess waiting for the triangle to come out. You sighed before turning back to face the tent. You went over to it and pulled on a leg, pulling Bill out, making him hang upside down. "I could have gotten out by myself, you know." Bill said as you dropped him to the ground. "How long would it have taken?" You asked. "I don't know. You didn't let me try." Bill got up.

"Wait have you made any deals with him?" Dipper asks cautiously. "No." You say innocently. "I've been trying to get her too but no! She doesn't know what she wants. So I can't make a stupid deal." Bill became angry but didn't go full out angry where he turns red.

"Uh-huh." Both twins didn't know what to say next. "I understand if you guys don't want to be friends anymore since I'm friends with an evil idiot insane demon. And I promise, I'll be safe." You promise. "Uh, sure. Here's your phone. See you tomorrow at work." Mabel hands you your phone before her and Dipper run off.

Once they're out of site you turn to Bill, "Dude, seriously! You really had to tell them that you were here?! Now they probably won't trust me. If you want that journal you'll have to find another way to get it since they probably won't let me near it." "Calm down Kid." Bill says before turning into a human, "Everything's fine." He slowly walked up to you and brushed a strand of hair out of your face to behind your ear. "Everything's fine." Bill said in a certain voice that made your crush for him grow more.