11

Before they move on to the walking,
Tanjiro brought something for Kanao.

"What's this?" Kanao asked as she recieves some sort of bag.

"It's a tote bag. I was wondering to give it to you since you're carrying a lot of things. Especially for the prizes we won earlier at the Carnival."

"Oh. Thank you... You didn't have to give it to me."

"Well, it looked like you needed a bag."

—————

Two of them can be seen walking down the street. Tanjiro was behind her since she knows the way that leads to her home. Kanao looked to her pocket, searching something. She then took out her phone and opened her messages. Her messages was empty, her sisters haven't texted a single message to her yet. That might be a sign that they still haven't got home, she sighed in relief while Tanjiro watched her. She must go home before them, or else she will get two hours of lecture by her sisters by going out this late.

Her walking got a lot more faster than before, making Tanjiro notice.

"Hey, wait for me!" He called out, copying the same speed of Kanao's walking to reach her.

"I better hurry up, I don't want to get scolded. You should too." She said, walking in a fast pace.

"We're almost there, Let's go!" She exclaimed, running.

"Alright, alright. I'm coming." Tanjiro reassured as he begins to speed up to match with her speed.

—————

Once Kanao saw her house, she stopped running and went back to her normal speed while Tanjiro did the same.

"Is that your house?" Tanjiro said as he gasps for air that was caused by his running.

"Yep... " She answered, quite exhausted by that run.

"Let's stay here, they might be here. They might hear us. If they saw me, they will misunderstand this."

"Alright."

"Well. This is where we part."

"Yeah. It was actually fun being with you, even though i only knew you for a day."

"I mean it was worth it. Right?"

"Of course it was."

...

Before Kanao walks away, she threw her arms around Tanjiro.

"That was by far the best Valentines day i experienced. Thank you again." She muttered as she hugs him.

Tanjiro was quite surprised about the sudden hug, but after a few seconds he hugged her back with a smile on his face. A while later, they stopped and let go of each other.

"Are you sure you won't get lost around here?" Kanao concerned.

"Of course, i once explored around here. I kinda know my way back."

"That's good then."

"Well, I hope we meet again soon." He hoped.

"Yeah."

"I gotta go now, see you... In an another time."

"See you."

"Alright, Be careful on your way back home, bye!" Kanao shouted as she slowly began walking backwards.

"Bye!"

—————

As soon as Tanjiro wasn't visible in her sight anymore, she smiled and walked to the door of her house.

Once she opened it, she froze when she saw her two sisters looking at her, waiting inside standing beside each other wearing a smile that looked sarcastic. There was a dark aura around them which made her uneasy. They looked angry as hell. At the back, she could see Sanemi and Giyu there, sitting in a small table near them. They were calm, but they were also staring at her since they noticed her presence.

"Hello, Kanao. How was your day?" Shinobu greeted, while smiling in anger.

...

"Shit." she mumbled.