Investigation 2

Y/N POV: "Well, our investigation's over now... So who's the culprit?" Kaito questioned. "I...can't say for certain yet. There are other places we need to investigate." Shuichi said. "...I-I agree." I chimed in. "What!? You both still don't know? I never thought detective work would be such...work. So where else do we gotta investigate?" Kaito sweat dropped. "First, the pool next to the gym. They're connected by the window above the stage, so that needs to be looked at. After that, I want to go to Ryoma's room and find out which motive video he had. Then, I want to investigate the Ultimate Tennis Pro's lab. I've deduced that the handcuffs we found in the water tank probably came from there." Shuichi explained. "Is that everything?" "Last of all, to the Ultimate Magician's lab. I want to know more about Himiko's trick... If we go there, I'm sure there'll be some kind of clue." Shuichi said. 

I have a feeling that if I were to speak up about Himiko's magic trick I feel like I'll probably be on the suspect list, even if I have an alibi for last night, I don't want to risk anything. "So we've still got a lot to do then, huh? Good luck, Shuichi and Y/N! After all, it's gonna be the both of you that going to be doing all the heavy lifting here!" Kaito yelled. "...right." I mumbled. "What do you mean 'right'!? Are you saying I'm useless!?" Kaito yelled, is there even a correct way to respond to that? Without another word from either of us we all began to walk to Himiko's research lab seeing as it was one of the closest places. Once we opened the doors to the Ultimate lab I immediately noticed Tsumugi and...Kokichi, I hesitantly eyed the room for something that could give us clues on Himiko's magic trick, if I learn a little bit more about the trick then I could shape how Ryoma could've gotten inside the tank, it didn't really take me long to see the giant tank on the left side of the room. "Hmm, so this is Himiko's research lab. What were we gonna investigate, again?" Kaito questioned. "The trick that Himiko used in her magic show. I need to figure out how it worked." Shuichi explained. "Well, you say that but what if it was real magic. With no tricks or mechanisms?" Kaito said. 

"...Th-That would serve as an issue." I said, I just need to ask Kokichi a few questions, but without me needing to do anything I saw Shuichi walk up to Kokichi first, perfect, I walked next to Shuichi to listen in on the conversation, Shuichi's smart, he should ask the questions that I was going to ask. "Hey, Shuichi and Y/N. Did you wanna ask me something? I'll tell you aaaaanything you wanna know. You are my favorite, after all." Kokichi said. I felt my body stiffen a little. "Oh, just for clarification, I was talking to Shuichi." Kokichi said, eyeing me. I felt all the hope that was building up shrink, even with how rude Kokichi could be to me sometimes, if I became acquaintances with him, it doesn't seem like such a bad gamble. "I do, actually. It's about when we were kidnapped by Gonta yesterday. You snuck into our rooms to steal our motive videos, right? But is that all you were doing? You came back pretty late." Shuichi sweat dropped. I felt my heartbeat grow faster as I began to sweat drop a little. "I see... You wanna know my alibi for nighttime yesterday. That's a good question to ask. The gym is off-limits during nighttime, so Ryoma was probably killed before or after... Which makes nighttime yesterday so suspicious, since everyone was doing their own thing." Kokichi said. "And what were you doing then?" Kaito asked. 

"It'd be easier if I just explained, step by step, what happened while I was out last night. After Y/N regained consciousness, Gonta brought Himiko and Angie. That was about five minutes before 9 p.m. Right after that, I left Gonta's lab and headed toward the dorms. I thought I'd be back in an hour-the start of nighttime, but something happened..." Kokichi said. "Something happened?" Shuichi sweat dropped. "Right when I got to the entrance hall, Kirumi spotted me. That was right after I left Gonta's lab...so it was right around 9 p.m. She started throwing questions at me left and right, asking if I was up to no good. Then she started criticizing my behavior and lecturing me on my manners and relationships... Can you believe that? I mean, who does she think she is-my mum or something!?" Kokichi yelled, biting his nail. Mum...? I furrowed my eyebrows, mum... "Didn't you ask Kirumi 'to be your mum' earlier?" Shuichi questioned. I lowered my head in confusion, that reminds me of something, though I can't seem to remember...