Trial 3

A/N: So it's about 1:00 am right now cause I'm waiting for something to premiere, don't ask what. And I just so happen to have nothing to do, so I'm going to work on this chapter during my break. So...writing skills go brrrrrr. 

Y/N POV: "The security sensor was armed, but...the moving bookcase isn't what triggered it." Kokichi went on. "No, that's wrong! Wait a minute, this is weird! If the security sensor wasn't placed, then...we shouldn't have been able to take that picture! We were only able to get it because the sensor was triggered but the hidden door!" Kaede explained. "Oh, that? Psh, easy to explain. Well, you see...Uhhh, I guess you're right. Sorry, I didn't think that far ahead." Kokichi said. "You're giving up that easily!?" Tenko yelled. "Yeaaah, I mean, whatevs. I made a mistake! Big deal!" Kokichi yelled. I guess he was always one for pointing the finger at people then backing out just as suddenly as he started it, then plays it off so he doesn't look stupid...reminds me of a certain someone. "You speak as if you knew that from the start... Even I was taken in." Kiyo admitted. Everyone else falling for Kokichi's antics is one thing, but Kiyo is a different story, I guess even the most perfect and kindest of people can fall for such...lies. "So you see!? Shuichi can't be the culprit!" Kaede yelled. "Now wait just a minute...The security sensor had a power supply, so what if it went like this? The security sensor was set up on the bookshelf, and Shuichi had its receiver. However, Shuichi turned the receiver off." Ryoma said. "Huh? How come?" Angie asked. "That would get you a picture, but no alarm when Rantaro moved the bookcase. Then, when Shuichi says he's gonna check the basement, he actually goes to the library. And thanks to the 30 seconds interval, he's got time to go in after Rantaro." Ryoma explained. "He could have collected the sensor from the hidden bookcase after killing Rantaro." Kirumi chimed in. "I see. Then he caused the receiver to go off in front of Kaede to trick her." Kiyo said. "It's certainly plausible, considering the fact that he knew about the intervals." Kiibo said. "Nyeh... How needlessly complicated... But I guess It's not impossible." Himiko mumbled.

 "Then...Shuichi's the culprit?" Tenko asked. "Nee-heehee... So the Ultimate Detective is the killer. What a plot twist!" Kokichi yelled. "W-Wait!? Why do you guys think he's the culprit!? Shuichi, please say something! Why aren't you saying anything!?" Kaede yelled desperately. Shuichi continued his silence as he just looked the other way. It was kind of disappointing considering the fact that I could tell that Kaede was trying her best to defend him. I almost feel bad, almost. "Shuichi...what's wrong? You're...not culprit, are you?" Gonta asked. "Hey, you gonna say anything? We'll all vote for you if you don't." Kaito pointed out. "Are you okay with being the culprit? Are you ready to turn yourself in?" Angie sneered. At this point, everyone will start to suspect Shuichi without a doubt, if that wasn't already obvious. I need to try and argue Shuichi out of this, for whatever reason that may be, I will try my best. "Let's go over the case one more time." Kokichi said. "The security sensor was placed on the moving bookcase. Shuichi also had the receiver." Ryoma went on "S-Sorry, you guys! I forgot to tell you something important!" Kaede yelled. I tilted my head a little at this. What was there to forget...? "Forget...?" Gonta questioned. "To tell you the truth...it was me. I had the receiver." Kaede said. 

My eyes twitched a little at this. Was that right...? Did Kaede really have the receiver? "...Huh?" Kokichi questioned. He looked just as confused as everyone else. "So that's why there's so way Shuichi could've turned off the receiver!" Kaede yelled. I looked down a little, sweat dropping. If I point out the fact that Kaede could've lied. Would they really believe me...? I don't even have the vocal cords to yell at an appropriate volume for everyone to hear. They would probably just talk over me like they always do anyway. "If that's true, then the entire premise of the argument thus far is wrong..." Kiibo said. "Is this true, Kaede?" Kirumi asked. "O-Of course! C'mon, would I lie to you guys?" Kaede stammered. That's...just a lie in itself. "That'd only screw yourself over. If we mess up, you're dead too, y'know?" Kaito reminded. "Or perhaps...you wanted to cover for Shuichi, even at the cost of your life." Kiyo said. "...Huh?" Shuichi questioned. I guess Kiyo really is smart. Kiyo is just so cool...! "I cannot imagine why anyone would risk their life to lie on another's behalf." Kiibo said. "Words from a true heartless robot! Emotions are only for meat bags." Kokichi sneered.