"Don't come near her or her partner again. Leave the city and leave the state or you'll be leaving this world," Scarlett announced standing up to look him in the eyes.

He chuckled, "I'd love to see you try."

"I'd go ahead and make amends with god if I were you," she smirked.

"Your threats don't scare me I could have you arrested just for what you just said," he barked.

"We both know you don't want the cops involved," she smugly replied.

He stared back at her and then glanced at me briefly before making his way towards the exit of the restaurant. I hadn't ever seen him move so fast.

"So now what?," I asked.

"He's a mad dog. He can't be reasoned with. If you want me to handle this I need your confirmation, now," she explained.

"I don't have the money to give right now for it. I have to keep my savings for this baby."

"Baby?," she asked.

"I'm pregnant."

"Oh um. Congratulations. Well in that case. I'll do it for free. If he were to find out about that child you wouldn't be safe at all," she responded.

I stared at her in utter shock. Scarlett was an actual hit woman. A professional at that. Why was she willing to help me like this?

"Are you serious?"

"Very. I'll put it on your tab. Look I have to trail him so you and your boyfriend need to get an Uber home you can't come with me. I'll let you know when it's done," she stated.

I nodded my head in agreement as we walked out of the restaurant.

"Baby you good?," Omar asked, walking up to me.

"I'm okay."

"So what happened?," he asked. His eyes were wide and serious.

"He's going to be taken care of. Order an Uber and get her out of here now," Scarlett demanded.

Omar agreed and placed his arms around my waist firmly pulling me closer to him. I always felt safe when he held me, it was one of the best feelings in the world.

Scarlett yelled out to me that she would be in touch and quickly drove away down the street.

"How about instead of going home we go out and do something?," Omar asked.

I looked up at the sky and realized that aside from some mild winds the storm had passed. The sun still hid behind clouds but the sky was back brighter.

"Any other time I'd love to, but I just want to lay down. I feel like shit."

"That's to be expected. Well alright we can go but we're going to my place and I'm cooking for you, for both of you," he smiled while rubbing his hand gently on my lower stomach.

"Fine," I smirked.

We waited on the Uber and stood there hugging one another as we basked in the warmness of the climate and our happiness. For once, I felt like everything would be okay.

"Have you told your friends about everything yet?," he asked.

"About the pregnancy?," I asked.

He nodded, "Yes. They're going to probably lose their marbles."

"I made Ashley promise not to say anything until I talked with a doctor so no. I plan to, just not yet."

"I understand. I just want this little one to have as much support and love as possible. He deserves that," he replied.

When he talked about the pregnancy I could see his face light up like a lamp. It always warmed my heart and gave me that sense of comfort.

"He? So you want a boy?," I chuckled.

"I want a healthy baby. I'd love a little man though."

"Me too," I grinned.

Our Uber arrived and we made our way back to Omar's place. I couldn't wait to lay on his couch and watch him cook for me, for us.

A/N : Hey everyone! I'm so sorry it's been so long. Life has been hectic in real life. I have so much planned for you all & this book. Thank you for still reading & supporting! Please leave upvotes & comments! 🤍