Chapter 16 (Caution)

Hayes' p.o.v

I really didn't wanna leave Sophia like that, but I had no choice. 

Something important came up. 

I really hope she doesn't take it the wrong way. 

I mean I would rather be watching a movie with her and her friend Abby right now. 

I received a threat from an unknown number.

message from unknown

'Your time is up buddy, you already know what I want. If I don't receive it within the next 24 hours, you can say bye to what's left of your mother'

'Imma leave you with this, an eye for an eye buddy.'

Why is this happening now of all times?

I mean everything is well on its way to being good.

I can't let him hurt those I care about. With that being said, I think it's best I stay away from Sophia for a couple days.

It's just until I sort this mess out. Now I just have to figure out how exactly I'm gonna get myself out of this mess.

~~~~~~~~

Sophia's p.o.v

It's been a whole week and I haven't heard a thing from Hayes. He hasn't even been to school this week.

I'm starting to think that I did or said something to run him off.

He hasn't returned any of my calls. I'm a bit worried to say the least.

 There's this feeling that it has something to do with Santiago. I mean you can never be too sure.

I'm making my way to English class when I bumped into Axel.

"Uh hey, wassup Soph" he says slinging his arm over my shoulder.

"Nothing much, where's the rest of the gang?" I ask looking up at him.

"And by the rest of the gang, you mean Hayes right?" he say smirking while wiggling his eyebrows.

"No, well um....I mean yea" I say turning away to hide the slight blush that I know was creeping up on my face.

"Aww does little Sophia have a crush on Hayes?" He asks pinching my cheek.

I punch him in the arm and walk off.

"Aww cmon, I'm just messing with you" he says running after me.

I ignore him and continue to make way to Mr. Patterson's class. God knows if I'm late to this man's class. he's gonna have my head.

"Soph, just know that Hayes is doing this to keep you safe" Axel says patting my shoulder and walking off down the opposite side of the hallway.

What does he mean Hayes is doing this to keep me safe?

I can take care of myself  thank you very much.

He didn't even consider telling me this. He just stopped responding to my messages and declining my calls.

How is that keeping me safe?

Boys get so much more confusing as time goes by.

Screw you and your perfect face having this effect on me Hayes!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys this is just a filler chapter.

I've been busy with interviews hence I was unable to upload the past couple days.

Let me know what you think.

PLEASE don't forget to VOTE

xoxo Alyssa