The Right Words

So since I left yall on a cliffhanger, here is the chapter 2 hours early!

.

.

.

James instinctively about faced hearing the sound of Kendall hitting the ground.

"Kendall! Hey, babe, are you ok? Kendy, hey, tell me what hurts? Are you okay? Did you hurt your leg worse? Did you hurt something else-"

"Yea, James, I hurt something else: you."

"Kendall, we will deal with that later, seriously are you hurt further?"

"James, I am ok. Still the same injuries."

James nodded, a panicked look still on his face, he quickly, but gently, scooped Kendall off of the ground and placed him on the bed.

"I'll go get your pain medicine real quick, it's about time for you to take it anyway-"

"James stop. Just, come sit first."

"No, I need to-"

"Come sit by me. You need to come sit."

James stuttered for a second, but eventually sighed and came and sat down on the bed next to his love. Kendall shifted on the bed pulling James into a hug and kissing his forehead. Before leaning away to look James directly in the eyes.

"I screwed up James. I know I did, and for that I am so sorry, I don't have all the words to truly express it. I didn't mean it, I just in my anger knew exactly what to say to hurt you. I should not have thrown that in your face and twisted it. The argument started because you cared, and I somehow made it about you being self-absorbed. Thank you, for caring about me. Thank you for worrying. But you, you are amazing, and loving, and you are so sweet. You knew I would need you when I got off the ice, and you were already waiting for me in the medical room. You knew I would want to change into your hoodie when they were done. You know me so well. I love you. You are gorgeous, and you always are. Even when your hair is sticking up in two thousand directions, and you are sleep deprived from touring, and exhausted from dance practice. No matter what you are gorgeous. I love you no matter what, and you care so much about everyone around you. I love you so much, and I can't wait to marry you, and I don't care if we have to delay the wedding because you are fixing your hair, but know I won't care if you come out and it looks crazy or you shaved it off. All I care about it you. I love you."

"I love you too Kendall, and I know I overreacted about you not being on your crutches, you weren't putting any weight on your leg, you were in control of the situation, I freaked out and blew it out of proportion-"

"James, you may have been coddling me just a little bit, but you were doing it because you cared, consider it forgiven, even though there is nothing to forgive."

"I love you,"

"And I love you." Kendall said leaning over and kissing him.

"But, you getting up and trying to chase me without crutches was a stupid move. You could have injured your leg further there; not just from putting weight on it, but also from falling on it."

"I know, and I also know me doing that is one of the reasons you freaked when you saw me off my crutches because it was a completely legit fear, as I just proved."

"Come on, let's go order food and watch Netflix, I heard about this show that we should watch." James smiled standing up handing Kendall his crutches.

"Ooh, what show? And what food?"

"It's called Outer Banks, and I was thinking the Italian place we like downtown?"

"Yes! Cheese Ravioli?"