xvii

It's been a couple of days since Kano had gotten his powers, which meant they've been training harder ever since then, and to say Kasia was exhausted would be an understatement

It's been a couple of days since Kano had gotten his powers, which meant they've been training harder ever since then, and to say Kasia was exhausted would be an understatement. Despite being the first one to get her Arcana and successfully be able to harness her power unlike Kano who hasn't been able to do the laser eyes again but that still meant that Kasia had to train, well according to Lord Raiden.

Kasia moaned and pushed her face into Sonya's shoulder blade making her groan in protest. "Your nose is hurting me, move over." Sonya pushes Kasia halfheartedly away but Kasia doesn't budge she worms herself further into Sonya's chest. "Do you feel different?" Sonya asks turning towards Kasia to face her, she grabs her hand and puts their hands together so their holding hands. "When you got your Arcana, I mean." Sonya specifics when she sees the confused look on Kasia's face.

"Um, it feels like for the first time since the attack I feel complete but I know that no matter how these marks make me feel, I don't want it still." Sonya let go of Kasia's hand and brushed her fingers over the mark, the blonde woman gulped and looked at Kasia nervously. "If I could get rid of it for you without having to kill you, I would. Maybe after you compete in the tournament then you can figure out a way to get rid of it, I don't know how this side of things all works." Sonya chuckles and kisses Kasia's cheek before rolling back onto her back facing the temple's ceiling. "I know that you want this mark Sonya, and I can't think of what you must be feeling. Honestly, though, it's not all sunshine and rainbows."

Sonya nods clasping her hands on her chest not looking at Kasia. "I know that, I can't imagine what you go through but I've been looking for this place forever. It's a little disheartening when you don't have one, you know?" Sonya finally looks towards Kasia giving her a sad smile, one of which Kasia sends back but also kisses her on the lips.

Kasia nods and sits up before scooting towards the end of the bed. "Come on, I have to train and you have to help Jax." Kasia stands up and grabs a white t-shirt before pulling it over her head after she takes her sleepshirt off which is one of her Dad's old shirts that she stole before the trip. She put her pants on before checking her phone for any texts which considering they don't have service it would be a miracle but like expected it was empty.

Kasia turned around to see a fully dressed Sonya who looked quite similar to her just in different colors. Sonya slipped her gloves on that she kept on the nightstand on her side before walking around towards Kasia and grabbing her hand tightly.

As the new couple walked together holding hands down the temple when Kasia saw Cole sitting against one of the walls which his phone out Kasia had a feeling what was going. "You go on and help Jax, I'm gonna talk to Cole." Sonya looked confused until Kasia gestured towards where Cole was focused on his phone. "Ah, good luck." Sonya leaned forward and kissed Macy on the cheek before dropping their clasped hand and walking towards were the infirmary where Jax was still recovering from.

Kasia carefully sat across from Cole letting him know that she was sitting there. "What are you looking at?" Kasia asks carefully, Cole smiles before turning around the phone to show Kasia the picture. "They're beautiful, you're a lucky man." Kasia half-smiled at Cole who shook his head haphazardly. "Thanks." After a few more seconds of silence, Lord Raiden comes up from behind making his way towards Cole bypassing Kasia easily. "You have failed to find your Arcana. Without it, you are a liability tO the others." Lord Raiden said, Kasia's eyes watch as Cole stands up and walks past Kasia and towards Lord Raiden. "So, where did this come from and why am I the only champion that had the marking since I was born?" Cole points to his shoulder where the mark was.

"Your marking comes from your Linage Cole." Lord Raiden like that was supposed to clear everything up, but of course, it didn't. "I'm an orphan from the South Side of Chicago," Cole explains looking at Kasia confused who just shrugged, she didn't know where Lord Raiden was getting to. "You're a descendant of one of the greatest ninjas to ever walk the Earth, Hanzo Hasashi" Kasia could tell on Cole's face that Lord Raiden said something right because his eyes flickered like he had something to do with that name. "He was murdered along with his wife and eldest son by the same assassin that hunts you now, Sub-Zero.

Without noticing Kasia slipped away, she wasn't a part of the conversation, and frankly, it felt too much like spying now so Kasia was planning on looking for Kano so she can bug him some more but instead of going so far, Kasia watched as the shield slowly powered down. Her eyes widened and she pressed her lips together nervously as she slipped into the arena where she saw Sonya along with Liu Kang, Kung Lao, and Jax, she didn't see Cole but it was clear they had worse things to worry about.

Kasia rushed over to Sonya who pulled her closer to her body, Sonya grabbed her hand tightly as they both looked at the ominous fog coming from the inner workings of the temple. "What is that?" Sonya said tightening her grip on Kasia's hand who shrugged.

The man they saw before but on the other side of the shield came walking through the black fog like it was some type of portal. "You know the problem with these new lightning sticks? They just don't make 'em like they used to." Kano said as he tossed something into the arena, Kasia eyes got watery. She felt stupid, she tightened her grip on Sonya's hand but instead of Sonya pushing her behind it was Kasia who did it to Sonya. "What, you didn't think you'd change me, did ya?" Kano looked straight at Kasia who scoffed.

The man held up his hand to silence Kano. "The undoing of the prophecy has begun."

"