ix

Kasia coughed when she grabbed Sonya's outstretched head to help her up, her head throbbed but she could feel everything else so she didn't think anything was broken

Kasia coughed when she grabbed Sonya's outstretched head to help her up, her head throbbed but she could feel everything else so she didn't think anything was broken. "Are you okay?" Sonya asks as Kasia smooths out her pants, Kasia nods but squints her eyes when the pain radiates through her head. "I have a mild concussion and if we don't get out of here soon our lungs will fill up with smoke and we'll die." Kasia bluntly says crossing her arms nodding towards the entrance. "She's right, we have to get out of here." Cole backs Kasia up and starts to lead them back upstairs through the back part of the RV.

Sonya huffed and motioned for Kasia to go in front of her so Sonya could keep a lookout behind them to make sure that thing didn't have any friends with him waiting for them to have their guards down. "So how did you learn to control a knife like that?" Cole asks quietly as he opens the doors to head outside. "I touched upon my self-defense skills after my Dad was attacked. When I was training I learned that I was fond of knives so when I finished the class I bought myself I knife and kept it in my shoes, well I did until I had to use it on the monster thing and lost it." Kasia heard Sonya chuckle behind her as they started to walk out of the back of the RV. "Sorry, you didn't lose it, I got it before you left." Sonya smiles as she hands Kasia the knife, Sonya has the blade carefully sandwiched in between her fingertips so she wouldn't get hurt. "Oh shit, thank you, Sonya." Kasia bent down and wedged the knife into the spot it was before.

The three let out a sigh of relief when they walked outside and sniffed the fresh air. "Fucking A, years of research just destroyed," Sonya said with a sigh as she led them towards the front of the RV again. "Do you two believe me now?" Sonya sighed as she reached for the door and pulled it open, she rolled her eyes when she saw Kano sitting by the window drinking a beer, Kasia smirked and walked around Sonya and Cole sitting beside Kano, she grabbed the beer out of his hands and took a swig. She made a face of disgust and handed it back to Kano who chuckled. "Make yourselves at home," Sonya says directing her comment mainly at Kano who had propped his feet up on the small dining table. "Oh I have, and by the way your beer is shit." Kasia snapped her fingers and nodded in agreement with Kano.

Kasia watched as Cole and Sonya walked into the RV, Sonya went towards the back room while Cole paused in the middle to stare at Kano who had pulled out a notebook and was sketching something on it. "What are you doing?" Cole asks looking at Kano who grins as he answers. "Just working on a Kano graphic novel. I fancy myself a bit of an artist." Kano turns the book around to Cole who scoffs and looks at Kasia with a shake of his head. "He's a psychopath." Kasia shrugs. "Some of the best artists could be considered psychopaths Cole, doesn't make Kano any different." Kasia reaches around Kano and grabs his half-drunk beer and takes another sip of it still grimacing at the taste but grins through it.

Sonya walks back out of the back with a small stack of burnt pictures that were saved from the fire. Kasia sighs and stands up walking towards Sonya and putting her arm around her so she can stare at the pictures as Sonya lays them out on top of the bar. Sonya and Kasia both let out matching sighs when they realize that they can't make out what the pictures were. "Well, I'm off," Kano says slamming his hand down on the small kitchen table and stands up. "You're trying to get to Raiden's Temple, aren't ya? That should be fun." Sonya's head snaps up towards Kano and she walks closer to him standing against a beam. "You know where that is?" She asks looking at Kano with a mix of shock and fascination in her voice. "What's Raidens Temple?" Kasia looks at Cole who shrugs wordless telling Kasia he has no idea either.

"Yeah, I used to run guns through there. Local's wouldn't shut the fuck up about it." Kano slips his notebook in his back pocket and taps his pants making sure he has all his things. "The legend says champions used to train there for Mortal Kombat." Kano rolls his eyes. "Ah for fuck's sake." Sonya scoffs at Kano, Kasia rolls her eyes at the pissing party they're having, the two of them are always trying to compete and Kasia hasn't even been around them that long. "No one knows where it is."

Kano fake smiles at Sonya. "Well, they do now, excuse me." Kano starts to move to leave but Sonya's question makes him roll his and pause. "Where is it?" Kano makes a pen motion with his hand. "You got a pen? You want to write this down?" Sonya starts to move to grab a pen before Kano interrupts her. "Get fucked, as if I'm gonna help you. You kidnapped me, you tied me up. You threw a knife into my fucking leg on purpose! Then that lizard thing took off half my face, lucky for me." Kano motions to his face which has claw marks on it, luckily it wasn't bleeding any more. "It's a hard pass for me on the "helping you" thing. Now, get out of my fucking way." Kano says in front of Sonya's face, Sonya nods with a smile on her face and steps out of his way.

Sonya starts to walk outside and when Cole does Kaisa sighs and puts her now empty bottle of shitty beer on the table and follows them outside to see what is going to happen. "Everyone's got a price, name yours?" Sonya asks, leaning against the railing as Kano broke one of the bottles of beer that he had fully drunk. "You can't afford me," Kano says loudly as he's walking away. Sonya lets out a sigh before she loudly says a price. "Two million." Kasia's eyes widened but Kano laughed. "That's good, you live in this shithole and you got two million dollars?" Sonya huffs and starts walking down the stairs towards Sonya, Kasia starts to go after her but Cole stops her with a hand on her arm. "I think Sonya's got this," Cole says with a smile.

"I have lived here my whole life, you piece of shit. You watch your mouth, two million dollars." Sonya laughs and is about to step back and walk towards the house when Kano stops her in her tracks. "Three million, that's my final offer." Kasia can see a smile on Sonya's face, which in turn makes her smile. "Anything I find inside that temple, I keep! No fucking spliteses plus if you're bullshitting me, I'll fucking kill you, and you but not you Kasia I like you but I'll kill you for sure." Kasia smirked when Kano pointed to Sonya firmly. "Sounds like we got a deal." Sonya crosses her arms with a smug smile on her face, while Kasia was looking at the group from the stairs wondering what they got themselves into but Kasia shakes her head and focuses on the prize, getting rid of the mark no matter the cost.