xiii

As Liu Kang led the group down a hall he stopped in front of a door, he stopped in the doorway and looked to his right, and held out his arm towards the door

As Liu Kang led the group down a hall he stopped in front of a door, he stopped in the doorway and looked to his right, and held out his arm towards the door. "The great protector, Lord Raiden." Liu Kang stepped forward and placed his hands together before kneeling on one knee in front of the man in the chair. "My lord, I have gathered the remaining champions of Earth." Liu Kang walked more into the room and gestured towards the group.

Kasia gulped as she looked at the man in front of them, she looked at Sonya who was beside her. Lord Raiden looked up and Kasia held in a gasp, his eyes looked like they were glowing. "This is what I have to work with?" Lord Raiden said standing up, he turned towards Cole. "You are in no physical or mental shape to fight." Cole closed his eyes and opened them, Kasia's heart broke for him out of all of them he seemed to want this the most, and Kasia didn't know why.

Lord Raiden turned his attention towards Sonya. "You don't even have a marking." Kasia opened her mouth to say something but Sonya grabbed her hand to keep her from saying anything. "And you, you don't even want the marking." Lord Raiden said looking at Kasia, she squirmed feeling like Lord Raiden was looking right through her.

Sonya squeezed her hand as they watched Lord Raiden walk towards his seat to sit down. "Oi, hang on! What about me, Gandalf? What does my fortune cookie say?" Before they could blink Lord Raiden reached his hand towards Kano and shot a lighting bolt to his chest, Kasia was about to see if he was alright but as if Sonya was reading her mind the blond woman shook her head.

"Powerless, arrogant. The time has long passed." Lord Raiden explained as he took a seat again. "Our enemies have claimed nine straight victories, one more victory, and Outworld with gain control over Earth forever. Shang Tsung will enslave the entire human race."

Kasia looked around and watched as Kano got up carefully groaning as he did so. "They tried to kill my family, help us," Cole said to Lord Raiden who was by a table instead of sitting in the chair. "There is nothing for you here, only death." Lord Raiden told Cole. "Well, I'm willing to die for my family."

"Let's see if you have what it takes, clear the room but you stay behind." Lord Raiden pointed to Kasia who looked at Sonya nervously, she shrugged and squeezed her hand before letting go which made Kasia feel empty again.

"Well, out with it. Why don't you want to have the mark?" Lord Raiden asked Kasia placing his fingertips together. "I didn't ask for it, I got it because I killed someone who had it. I was just protecting my father but instead, I got this mark and now I'm being called to fight in a torment that I don't even want to be a part of. If I could give this mark to Sonya I would, she deserves it. I don't, I only came here for it to be removed." Kasia turned her arm so Lord Raiden can see the mark.

Lord Raiden hummed, Kasia felt the hair on her arms stand up she could feel the room was radiating in electricity. "If you have this mark, it's for a reason. The gods make no mistake, you were chosen to take on the mark. I cannot remove it, for it to be removed you must die." Kasia opened her mouth to object when Lord Raiden put a hand up to stop her from speaking.

"The time has come to end this." Kasia heard from the halls, she turned around to see the group by the door of the room that she was in so she carefully walked towards them standing beside Sonya. "Take whatever trophies you desire, but their souls are mine." Liu Kang had a ball of fire in his hand while he was standing next to a guy that Kasia didn't recognize. "Silence!" Lord Raiden yelled before appearing in front of Liu Kang, separating them from the guy who had broken in.

"I have come to claim your world, you're too late, Raiden." The man said opening his arms gesturing towards the temple. "It is forbidden to claim victory until the tournament begins." Lord Raiden says fingers drumming against his staff, Kasia could feel the electricity that Lord Raiden put off in the air. "You are correct, Thunder God. But conflict outside of Mortal Kombat is not forbidden. Besides, the other gods are too lazy to stop me." Kasia looked past Sonya and saw that Kano was watching everything play out while eating a snack. "I have come for your souls."

"You will leave this place at once, sorcerer." Kasia gulped as she watched Lord Raiden point his finger in front of the man, she did not doubt that Lord Raiden was capable of dealing with this but it didn't make her less nervous about it. "These are your champions?" The man looked around Lord Raiden to the group, Kasia shivered when his eyes locked with hers. Even though it was for a second she could see the evil in his eyes. "Kill them."

The woman behind the guy Kasia locked eyes with grabbed her tritons that were behind her back while the man with ice powers put his hands together but before anything could happen Lord Raiden pushed his staff into the ground with a grunt, Kasia felt the rumble of lightning as it hit the temple and when she opened her eyes she saw that Lord Raiden had put up a shield blocking them from entering. "You think these tricks will protect you forever? Only a matter of time."

"