xiv

After the shield was put in place by Lord Raiden, Liu Kang and Kung Lao decided that it was time that they needed to be trained

After the shield was put in place by Lord Raiden, Liu Kang and Kung Lao decided that it was time that they needed to be trained. To be honest, Kasia didn't want to train, she was debating about running away from the temple but she doubted that she can get through the shield and she isn't even sure if she knew her way back to America at this point.

Liu Kang led the group through the caves into a larger room. "Your inner power comes from your arcana, a gift from the marking of the dragon. The point of your training is for you to unlock that power." Liu Kang said as he led the group to what looked like a training ground for them to train at. "Without it, defeating Outworld will be impossible, Kung Lao and I have discovered our Arcana, in the fight pit, you will discover yours." Liu Kang gestures towards the steps and they start walking. "You may enter."

Kasia looks over at Sonya who gives her a smile and nods, Kasia shakes her hands by her side before walking down the steps with Kano and Cole next to her. "Let's do the damn thing. I hope I get fireballs." Kano clapped his hands as he stepped foot on the sand. "There is no guarantee." Liu Kang clarifies. "So instead of fireballs, what else can I shoot out of my hands? Like knives or guns or-"

Kasia out of the corner of her eye sees Sonya roll her eyes and starts to come forward towards Kano but Kang Lao puts his arm out and stops her. "You're welcome to stay with us, Miss Blade. But the training area is for the chosen ones only." Kano scoffs and shoves his shoulder against Kasia making her wince slightly. "Fucking whoops!"

Kasia rolls her eyes at Kano before looking at Kung Lao. "Hang on, we wouldn't be here without her. I wouldn't be here without her." Kasia glances at Sonya fondly before looking back at Kang Lao and Liu Kang. "We wouldn't be here without her, she's one of us." Liu Kang steps down from the steps putting his hands behind his back. "A fighter without a marking can never achieve their arcana and a fighter without an arcana is a liability to the others." Kasia saw the hurt on Sonya's face as they were listening to Liu Kang talk.

Sonya pressed her lips together and looked at Kasia before slowly stepping back and walking back towards the inside of the temple. "Alright, guys, little less of this." Kano makes a talking motion with his hand. "And a little more of this." Kano does a punching motion, Kasia shakes her head before looking at Liu Kang and Kung Lao who both start to walk towards them. "Be still and listen." Beside her Kano rolls his eyes, Kasia looks to the top of the stairs where Sonya and walked away from, she gulps and looks towards Cole and Kano before huffing and pushing past Liu Kang who grabs her arm quickly.

"Where are you going? You need to train." Kasia gulped before yanking her arm out of his grasp. "I'll train later, I need to find Sonya." Without giving Liu Kang a chance to reply Kasia walks up the stairs quickly before walking towards the one place that Kasia knew that Sonya would be, the infirmary.

Kasia sighed with relief when she saw Sonya propped up against the wall beside where Jax is laying. "Knew I'd find you here." Kasia smiles slightly as she walks closer to Sonya. Sonya huffs and turns her head looking at Kasia with a slight smile on her face. "I'm sorry, I just couldn't see you guys get these magical powers. Speaking of, why aren't you training?" Kasia presses her lips together in thought as she walks towards Sonya sitting beside her. "I wanted to see if you were alright, what Kung Lao said you to was unfair." Sonya shrugged before glancing at Jax disappointed that he hasn't shown a sign of waking up anytime soon.

"The way he said it was wrong but he's right, I don't have the mark like you guys which is what you should be focusing on. I don't matter." Kasia frowned and gently grabbed Sonya's chin making her look at Kasia. "Of course you matter, you matter to me," Kasia said sternly, she grinned sheepishly before letting go of Sonya's chin. "Sorry." Sonya grabbed her hand and intertwined them. "Don't be, I liked it. I liked it when you held my hand too."

Kasia rubbed her finger over Sonya's hand. "I liked it too, I never want to stop." Kasia pressed her lips together before looking down at their hands. "Can I kiss you?" Kasia and Sonya both said at the same time, they let out tiny chuckles before they both nodded and started to lean in.

As soon as they touched lips it felt like fireworks went off around them, they felt like they were the only two people in the room until a groan interrupted them followed by a croaky voice. "So, I almost die and you get a girlfriend?" Jax said from the bed, Sonya's eyes went wide before she turned Jax. "Jax! Hey, hey, I'm here. Hey buddy." Jax huffed before looking at the metal arms they put on him, he flexed them and watched as they moved with ease.

"It's okay, it's okay. You just lay down." Sonya assured Jax as she helped him lay his head down again. "What happened?" Jax looked in between Sonya and Kasia with a glint of confusion when his gaze landed on Kasia but he just went along with it. Sonya pressed her lips together in anger and clenched her fist, Kasia covered it gently and lifted it to her mouth kissing Sonya's hand softly.

Jax's eyes went up in surprise but he kept looking at Sonya expectantly so she sighed and sat down on his right and Kasia took a seat beside her so they were sitting the same way when he woke up. "Well-"

 "Well-"