xv

If she could, Kasia would stay here with Sonya and Jax for the rest of the time but Kano interrupted their peace

If she could, Kasia would stay here with Sonya and Jax for the rest of the time but Kano interrupted their peace. "Hey, Liu Kang told me to find you. Said something about you needing to find your Arcana?" Kano shrugged and crossed his arms leaning against the door frame.

Kaisa pressed her lips together and looked at Sonya nervously, they had just become "official" so Kasia didn't want to run away now. "Go, you need to train for this." Sonya squeezes Kasia's leg and leans over kissing her on the cheek. "I'll be back as soon as I can okay?" Sonya nodded and tilted her head looking at Kasia smiling.

Kano rolled his eyes and stepped away from the door when Kasia walked towards him. "So, when did that happen?" Kano asked carefully. "Uh, about 20 minutes before you walked into the door. Why? You jealous?" Kasia teased jokingly. Kano scoffs loudly. "God no, just want you to be careful. You're one of the only people that I like so." Kano trailed off as Kasia gasped loudly, she put a hand over her heart. "Are you saying? You Kano, like me? What? You hate everyone, that's so crazy. I'm honored truly."

He shook his head and shoved Kasia playfully. "See, this is why I don't compliment you. Or anyone for that matter." Before Kasia could open her mouth they arrived at the arena where Kung Lao was standing in the middle looking at Kasia. "About time, see if you get your ass handed to you as well as us," Cole said grumbling holding his arm. "Wait? Are you telling me that you Kano got your ass handed to you?" Kasia looked at Kano with a mixer of laughter and shock.

"Shut up and see if you can't tap into your Arcana." Kasia smiled and took off her jacket, she handed it to Kano for safekeeping who only grumbled about it a little bit. "Now, I'm not great at fighting but I know some stuff." Kasia was caught off guard when Kung Lao tried to toss his hat at her but she surprised them by grabbing it right before it hit her face. "Holy shit." She heard Cole mutter, she couldn't keep a smirk away this time.

When Kung Lao picked up his hat Kasia took the chance and kicked at his back, she winced when he fell on his front. Kasia felt bad but she knew that they were testing her, they were trying to get her to tap into her arcana. She sighed and took a deep breath before raising her hands, she felt a rumble and then she opened her eyes but she wasn't in the arena anymore.

Instead, she was in the alley, she blinked, and, then she saw the guy attacking her dad. Her eyes went big and she ran over to him pulling him off her dad, she started punching him until her knuckles were raw. "Kasia!" She heard from far away but her brain said it was just her Dad trying to get her to stop but she couldn't because if she did then this guy would do it to someone else, not just her dad.

She screamed as she was pulled back from the guy, she opened her eyes ready to tell whoever it was to let go of her when she saw the faces of Cole and Kano. Kasia stopped struggling and looked at Kung Lao in horror. "Oh my god, I- I'm sorry." Kasia pressed her lips together as she ran out of words on what she can say to make herself feel better.

Kung Lao brushed off Liu Kang's help and walked toward Kasia. She flinched as she saw the damage she did to his face, he smiled before tapping her shoulder, and then he walked out of the arena leaving behind a stunned Kasia. "What just happened?" She looked at Liu Kang confused but he had a smile on his face, her heart was pounding she put a hand on her chest to try to slow it but it didn't do anything. "We saw it, we saw your Arcana." Kasia looked at Kano and Cole for an explanation but they both shrugged.

"Come on Cole, let's get that shoulder fixed." Liu Kang nods to his bleeding shoulder, he opens his mouth to protest as he looks at Kasia but she shakes her head and nods towards Liu. "Go, fix your shoulder. I'll be fine."

Cole looked like he wanted to abject but when he sighed he winced when his shoulder was moved by the motion so he nodded and followed Liu Kang toward medical. Kasia turned towards Kano with a careful look on her face. "Did you see anything? And be honest, even though I know you will." Kano shrugged slightly. "I saw something, the ground under your feet started to shift and I felt a rumble. I don't know if that is what they're talking about but we also saw a purplish glow around you but it didn't stay for more than 30 seconds. I don't know how this Arcana works but if I would have to guess it's the rumbling."

Kasia nodded in thought, her mind was brought towards the dreams she was having a little while ago of earthquakes in that same alley so was that her arcana? Some kind of earthquake power? "What did you see anyway?" Kano's question brings Kasia out of her thoughts. "Uh, I saw when I killed the man who attacked my father. It's also how I got this mark." Kasia nods towards the mark on her arm.

Kano handed Kasia her jacket which she took with a smile. "Thanks, and thank you for getting me off Kung Lao back there. I don't think I could've lived with myself if something happened again." Kano's face screwed up in mock disgust. "It's no biggie, can't visit you in prison can I?" Kano jokes making Kasia shake her head in disbelief.

 "It's no biggie, can't visit you in prison can I?" Kano jokes making Kasia shake her head in disbelief