vi

As Kasia saw her house disappear in the distance she grew more nervous, but she kept telling herself that this was to get the mark

As Kasia saw her house disappear in the distance she grew more nervous, but she kept telling herself that this was to get the mark. She doesn't know Sonya at all and to be honest she's a little frightened at the fact that the woman kept following her and asking around about her but Sonya was the only person she knew that talked about the mark so she couldn't be completely crazy or she wouldn't have gone through all this trouble. "So why did you come to find me?" Kasia asks looking at Sonya who was concentrated on driving.

Sonya sighed making the hair blow that was down in her face. "We need you, I need you. My friend and I, Jax. We are looking for people who have the mark and collecting them if you will, I have one at home right now. He's a total nutjob but he has the mark so we have to work with him." Kasia just looked at Sonya like she was crazy. "Okay, but you haven't given me any concrete answers about anything just that you need me. I only agreed to come with you because you can get rid of the mark, not fight or anything."

Kasia rolled her eyes and turned towards the window shaking her head. She's starting to regret coming along. "Can I ask how you got it?" Sonya asks suddenly surprising Kasia.

Kasia scoffs. "I don't think that is really something you say right when you meet after you kidnapped them and stalk them." Kasia grabs her phone from her pocket and checks to see if anyone has texted her and they haven't, meaning no one has gotten her note yet, that was a good thing. 'Okay to be fair you agreed to come with me so not kidnaping and I had to "stalk you" to find out where you lived so I can make you come with me." Sonya explains carefully using one finger to put stalk you in air quotes.

Kasia snapped her fingers quickly looking at Sonya. "That right there, you said MAKE YOU COME WITH ME. I only came so you can get rid of this that's it, after it's gone I'm coming home." Kasia crossed her arms and faced the road so she didn't see the hesitation on Sonya's face like Sonya wanted to say something but she decided not to at the last minute.

Something that might have been detrimental enough that it might crash the car if Sonya told Kasia right now, so Sonya tightened her hands around the steering wheel and kept her mouth shut.

||

Kasia blew out a breath and put her head in her hands as she looked at the board again, during Sonya's explanation of what everything meant she had to sit down, and she was glad for it. "You're telling me, that you want me to fight in a tournament because somehow I've been chosen to fight in the mortal kombat for earth?" Kasia looked at Sonya like she was crazy. "Yes, I've already explained that to you, Jax, and I think another tournament is happening. They have been dying like crazy, we're rounding you all up to protect you. You have to do this Kasia." Kasia scoffs at Sonya and stands up.

"I didn't come to fight, I literally told you that in the car. You know why I'm here and clearly, you can't do that, so if you don't mind I'm leaving." Kasia was walking towards the door when Sonya's hand shot out and grabbed Kasia tightly but not enough to hurt her. "I can't let you leave, if you do it's only a matter of time before you'll die." Kasia scoffs and yanks her arm out of Sonya's grasp.

"I'll take my chances and trust me, it will be welcomed." Kasia missed that wounded look on Sonya's face but Sonya spoke anyway. "Listen, Kasia. I don't know how to remove the mark but if we win this tournament maybe the mark will go away?" Sonya pleads with Kasia one last time, it seems to work because she rolls her eyes but turns around facing Sonya. "Fine, but if I want to leave I leave alright?" Kasia bargains which gets a quick nod from Sonya.

"Deal, honestly. Now I gotta ask, have you been having weird dreams lately? Kano back there says he's had a couple." Sonya lowers her voice when she says Kano's name as she points to the darkroom in the back. "Oh no, none whatsoever." Kasia lies easily, she didn't know if dreams or nightmares would be a good thing for her to have with this mark or not.

"She's lying." An Australian voice says from behind them. "Shut it, Kano!" Sonya yells, it was surprising to Kasia so she jumped. "Whatever, don't say I didn't warn you blondie." Kasia can hear Kano scoffing all the way from over here.

"Don't mind-" Sonya cut herself off quickly. "What were-" Kasia was cut off by Sonya shushing her. "The alarms just went off, stay here. I'm gonna shut the door, I'll be down when it's safe." Kasia opened her mouth to speak but Sonya ran out of the door quickly shutting the door that she opened behind her.

Kasia sighed loudly and started to look around the room, she was tempted to go see Kano but she decided not to because something in his tone gave Kasia bad vibes. Kasia went back over to the chair she was sitting at and sat down to wait, she didn't how long she waited before the door started to open again.

Kaisa's stomach jumped to her throat as she waited to see who walked through the door, her stomach dropped with relief when she saw Sonya walk through the door with her phone out followed by a stranger that Kasia's never seen before.