x

Kasia was tapping her foot as she gripped the straps of the airplane seat, Kano was kind enough to let them ride in a plane that his friend piloted but Kasia forgot to mention that she hates flying

Kasia was tapping her foot as she gripped the straps of the airplane seat, Kano was kind enough to let them ride in a plane that his friend piloted but Kasia forgot to mention that she hates flying. "Not a good flyer?" Sonya says nudging Kasia's shoulder, Kasia lets out a deep breath before nodding. "I hate flying," Kasia mumbles laying her head against the wall. "Well, good thing we're almost there. Stay here, I'm gonna wake up Cole." Kasia glances at Cole who was twitching slightly.

"Careful, he's dreaming." Sonya nods before unbuckling herself and walks towards Cole but before she can wake him he jerks himself awake making Kasia flinch slightly. "Hey! You were out of it. You okay?" Sonya asks loudly so Cole can hear her over the plane sounds. "Yeah." Cole straightens in his seat.

"All right," Kano says making their attention snap over to him as he walks in from the cockpit. "Thank you for flying Air Kano. I know you had fuck all choices, tray tables up. Time to jump out of this shitbox." Kasia's head snaps towards Kano. "You mean we're jumping out of this death trap?" Kasia looks between Kano to Sonya who moves to a parachute into her hands. "Yea, this was the whole plan all along," Sonya explained to Kasia as she put her own parachute on.

Kasia's eyes widened and her heart sped up, she shakily put the parachute on as she walked towards where the cargo door is starting to go down. "You'll be okay, you just gotta jump. Count to three and pull this guy." Sonya touches the string that opens the parachute, Kasia takes a shaky breath before nodding.

"How do we know when we-" Kasia didn't get to finish her sentence before she was pushed out of the plane, her breath was sucked out of her lungs. She looked around slightly and she saw that they had their parachute open so Kasia patted her chest trying to find her. Her eyes widened when she couldn't find it, she closed her eyes knowing that she was going to die as she patted her chest trying to find it.

Kasia was waiting for the drop to the ground when her finger caught on the string, she couldn't help but let out a sigh of relief when she heard the woosh as the parachute caught the wind. She opened her eyes and realized that she was so close to the ground, she could've died. "What happened?" Kasia heard as soon as her feet touched the ground, she looked up to see a worried-looking Sonya walking towards her followed by Kano who had a flash of worry go across his face but then he steeled his face so it was right back to looking annoyed. "I- holy shit," Kasia said as she pulled the parachute off with Cole's help, she bent over and put her hands on her knees gasping for air. "I panicked, I couldn't find the string. Holy shit, I almost died." Kasia rubbed her hand across her face and into her hair which was messy from the wind.

"But you'll be alright right?" Kano asks getting a raised eyebrow from Sonya in reply. "Careful Kano, wouldn't want you to care about something." Kasia rolled her eyes at Sonya. "Let's go alright?" Sonya frowns but nods at Kasia and starts walking next to Cole.

Kasia presses her lips together and walks a little faster so she can catch up with Kano who was leading them with his navigator. "Hey, thanks for being worried about me," Kasia said as she pulled her hair up into a ponytail. "Be harder to carry a corpse out in these conditions," Kano said seriously but Kasia could tell he was actually worried. "You know, you can like someone every once in a while. It doesn't hurt to give people vulnerability, shows that you are human." Kasia brushes their shoulders together as she brings her messy hair up into a ponytail.

"Sorry sweetheart, I got a reputation to uphold," Kano smirks at Kasia making her shake her head fondly, she was about to say something but Sonya butted in. "So, how close are we?" Sonya yells so Kano can hear them.

"It's 27, 28 Ks" Kano looks at his device to confirm. "What?" Sonya says to Kano confused. "Maybe 30, to be safe. Let's proud up to 32, eh? We'll say 35, there'll be no surprises." Kano grimaces as he turns his device right side up. "Ah shit." Kano softly says but Kasia heard him.

They've been walking a while when Kano sighs and walks towards a rock and grabs it. "Fuck this, I need a break," Kano says dropping the rock and sitting on it. "You just took a break, too many beers, huh?" Cole says crossing his arms.

"Give me that GPS, I'm taking point." Cole nods towards Kano who shakes his head quickly. "Uh-uh, let's look at the scoreboard, shall we? I got us the plane, I know how to find your precious little mountain retreat, or whatever it is. I killed the lizard man, huh?" Kasia covers her hand. "Or lizard woman." Kasia muffles but Cole smirks having heard her.

"Any of you ripped anyone's hearts out?" Kano says, Kasia watches as Sonya grabs the GPS out of Kano's hand. She tosses it towards Cole ignoring Kano's protest. "Oh, I think I know what's going on here. Are you jealous, girly? Of me little marking?" Kano stands up and walks behind Sonya. "Hey! I'm talking to you." Kano pushes her, Kasia looks over at Sonya who huffs before turning around to face Kano.

"If you want it so much, all you've gotta do is kill me and take it. Ah, come on, what do you say? You wanna dance?" Sonya slips her backpack off and it hits the sand with a soft thump. "It's your blood," Kano smirks and rears his fist back to punch Sonya but she dodges it and grabs his knife.

Both of them freeze when Sonya has his knife pointing towards his abdomen. Kano goes to make a move but Sonya ducks and grabs his leg making them flip over, Sonya stands up and puts his knife against his neck and arm in the air. "Go on then, take it," Kano says to Sonya who huffs and drops it onto his chest.

Sonya steps away from him with a huff. "Yea. That's why you don't have one of these, cause you don't have the mongrel in ya!" Kano shouts, Kasia sighs as she watches Sonya walk towards them. "You good?" Kasia asks Sonya who doesn't answer she just holds her hand out for the GPS which Cole hands over gladly.