Chapter 28 - A gift

When we finally parted, I really couldn't have been happier. His arms were around my waist and he lovingly smiled down on me. 

I felt like a big burden had been lifted off of my chest and I felt the freest I had ever been. But now, since the sorrow was gone, I realised where we were and that we were actually standing in the streets in the pouring rain in the middle of the night.

I smiled up at him and asked:"Can we go inside?"

He frowned a little at my question and replied:"Are you sure? What about your party?"

As a reaction I just giggled and rested my chin on his chest:"Yes, it's just as you said. I don't like the spotlight. I prefer being with you right now."

He smirked and within a blink he leaned down to pick me up bridal style and walked inside the building towards the elevator:

"Let's get you inside then before you're getting a cold."

I was too surprised to really do anything but squealed and clasped his neck for support. 

"You're crazy! Don't do that again, idiot", I shouted and playfully hit his chest as he finally set me down in his apartment. 

But this only earned me more laughter before he pressed me to the nearest wall.

"What did you just call me?", he asked in a demanding but still playful tone but I would not be browbeaten.

So I simply looked up at him and answered teasingly:"You know exactly what I called you."

For a moment he just watched me with a raised eyebrow but then he seemed to have an idea. The next second I found myself wincing in his arms and laughing heavily as his hands traveled over my body tickling me. 

"Stop! Please! I can't- hahaha", I tried to say but failed. 

After another minute and me trying to beg him to stop, he finally let go of me:

"I didn't know that you are so ticklish, love. So, a second chance. What did you call me?"

"You are...", I started and tried to think of something that would prevent him from tickling me again but, and I didn't know if it's the rosé or the fact that I was extremely lightheaded after his attack, I could only think of one thing:

"You are...a hot idiot?"

He bursted into laughter at my words and shook his head. Meanwhile, I couldn't help it, my eyes started to wander over his body because I wasn't lying with what I just said. He was soaking wet from head to toe and his shirt was tight around his body, revealing his abs. He was hot... 

I bit my lip and tried to stop my thoughts from wandering into that direction. 

His groan brought me back to reality:"Damn, Liz. Stop looking at me like that!"

"Sorry", I stated even though I was not sure if I really meant it. 

I tilted my head up to look at his eyes and for a moment we just stared at each other. I didn't know who of us moved first but soon I found myself being pressed to the wall behind me, his lips on mine. 

The kiss was totally different from the kiss outside. Instead of sweet and soft, it was passionate, intense and...breathtaking. 

While his tongue found its way into my mouth, I started unbottoning his shirt before I slid it off his shoulders and let it fall to the ground. His chest was still completely wet which was turning me on even more. 

I was aware of the fact that we had agreed to wait and that I was definitely testing his control with my moves right now but I couldn't help it. He, too, seemed to be totally lost in the sensations and when his hands found the way to the zipper of my dress on my back and started to pull it down, I didn't stop him and just let it fall to the floor which only left me in my underwear.