Chapter 74

Pulling up to the Manor it seemed to be a bigger, more intimidating, structure than I remembered.

I hesitated on the idea of going in until I saw Jayce’s car in the drive.

“Do you need me to come in with you?”

I shook my head. “Jayce is there, I’ll be fine.”

“Okay, you might want to invest in some nice soft rugs now you’re back here as well, carpet burn is a bitch.” What was she on about now?

“Brie, what are you talking about? Did you take your meds this morning?”

She just laughed. “Well, I just assumed you guys would be spending a lot of time on the floor now, you can’t exactly be rattling any headboards loose against the walls with your dad sleeping down the hall.”

I slapped her on the arm. “For God’s sake Brianna. Do you think about anything else?!”

As I walked to the front door I could still hear Brie making kissy noises as her head hung out the car window. I really am going to kill her one day.

I walked inside but thankfully there was no-one there to greet me. I took the opportunity to rush upstairs and bypassed my door entirely as I walked into Jayce’s room.

He was fast asleep on his bed, pencil still in his hand and sketch book flat on his chest. He looked so fucking cute.

I dumped my stuff on the bathroom floor and climbed into the bed next to him. He didn’t even stir, he must have been exhausted from reliving the whole emotionally draining experience today and I just wanted to make sure I was there when he woke up.

I prised the sketch book from his hands, with every intention of closing it and putting it on the side.

Just put it down Aleah, put it down. It’s not yours to look at, it’s his. Remember what curiosity did to that cat?

My fingertips brushed at the corners of the pages. Just a peek?

I flipped to the first page and was unable to take in the work I saw. He was so talented. His art was beautiful, creative and vividly detailed. How had he hidden this from everyone? It was incredible.

But that wasn’t the only part that shocked me. It was the subject choice – me.

I swept through the pages taking in image after image of me.

They were gorgeous, some of them in depth illustrations of just my eyes or lips but others full recreations of times we had spent together. There was one of me sleeping on his chest the first night we slept in the same bed together, another of me sitting next to him in the car, then came one of me standing in my underwear the night he told me he loved me. I sit recollecting the words he told me that night. ‘I’m remembering this.’

Did he do all of these from memory?

I come to a few that aren’t quite finished yet. The first is me standing on the staircase in my gown. I look angelic, is this honestly how he saw me that night? I look beyond beautiful.

The next drawing is just an outline, barely started but I recognise it instantly. It’s the photograph we took in the booth, the one he had to delete. I can’t wait to see this one finished.

It appears the rest of the pages are blank until I come to the last page. It’s different to the other illustrations. This one is more of a silhouette than a portrait but I can still see what it is. Its me and Jayce, we’re walking along the sea front at sunset. Between us, holding each of our hands, is a beautiful little girl smiling up at him.

It’s perfect.

I sit staring, my heart pounding and butterflies growing by the dozen in my stomach.

“You do realise that’s the equivalent of snooping through my diary?”

I look to see Jayce propped up on his elbow smiling at me.

“I’m sorry, I was just going to peek I swear but they’re so... you’re amazing. You shouldn’t hide these, you have a gift.”

He leans over closing the book and placing it on the floor next to him. His hand reaches behind my back and pulls me down on top of him.

“I just have an incredible muse, makes it much easier to get inspired.” His lips meet mine and I melt into his body.

His hands come up to my hair and his fingers caress my curls. He pulls my lips from his sharply as I feel his fingers tug in my hair then he moves to my exposed neck.

“Jayce...we can’t... I don’t know where anyone is and that door doesn’t lock.”

He smiles against my neck. “They won’t be home for a while, don’t worry.”

He moves up and starts to nibble at the bottom of my earlobe. “Where are they?”
He sighs and pulls away to look at me. “They’ve taken Milo out for ice cream to cushion the blow a bit when they tell him about May. Now if you don’t mind, I’d rather not be talking about my new baby sister right before I do what I plan on doing to you.”

I smirk and plant my lips back to his. My legs straddle his hips and I grind against him gently as my hands run over his bare chest.

His hand slides up my back, pulling at my top, when suddenly he freezes.

“Shit, what’s the time?”

I look over at the clock. “Just after four, why?”

He throws me off him, my back hits the bed and I bounce so hard it feels like I’m on a damn trampoline.

“Shit! Sorry princess, I’ve just got to go to Chads. Now.”

I look at him like he has been possessed or something. “Excuse me? You need to stop what we were about to do because you have to go hang out with your mate, right now?”

He laughs as he grabs a t-shirt and pulls it over his head, much to my disapproval. “It’s not like that. Turns out Coach thought my hand was fucked because I’d been fighting but when mum called to tell the school about Dad she told him everything. He wants me to go over and get checked by the physio to see if I can get back on the team before the game Friday.”

The only thing that could tear Jayce away from me – basketball.

“Okay, I get it. Its fine..” I get up from the bed and walk towards my room. “... I can always finish what you started without you anyway.”

I don’t even get my hand on the door before I feel his arms circle around my waist and pull me back.

His face comes to the crook of my neck and breathes in my scent as his hands hold my ass against him with their grip on my hips.

“Unless you plan on recording it and sending it to me, you will not do anything until I get back.” His hand moves from my hip and slides into the front of my jeans.

“You’re mine.”

His finger quickly dips into my pussy and  I inhale sharply.

“I’m yours.”

How the fuck am I supposed to get through the next two weeks like this?

Please don’t forget to vote and comment beauts ❤😁📖