•ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ-ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ sɪx•

Start from the beginning

"I am doing fine now and how are you?"

I smiled realising she had called me 'Kook' . Was everything finally falling back into place? The thought itself made my heart to jump in certain happiness.

"I am fine, too. You are not starving yourself anymore, are you?"

I smiled more remembering how you had been taking care of me this whole week. Taking care of me having my meals on time, taking care of me taking my medications on time and basically everything. You tried everything to make sure mental health stayed as positive as possible. I didn't even realise how I was so lost in my thoughts that I forgot to answer Taehee until she spoke again.

"So you are starving yourself. Jungkook."

She sighed in the end of her sentence defeated as she took my silence as my answer. I pursed my lips rolling my eyes at my own self before I decided to clear out the misunderstanding.

"No no. I am not starving myself at all and I can't under Y/n's watch. She is taking care of me."

I chuckled softly at the end of my sentence and the line went silent again. I found myself wondering if I did the wrong thing by mentioning your name to Taehee, I bit my lip in guilt.

"How is Y/n?"

Taehee's gentle tone when she took your name caught me off guard as I was expecting for her to use a bitter tone. Now that I started noticing, she sounded awfully nice while talking to me, her ex, who supposedly cheated on her. I rolled my eyes at the obnoxious phrase.

"She's fine."

I answered shortly after and heard her humming in response and again the never ending silence hung around us. I hated the awkwardness I had to deal with nowadays, with the people I once was so close with.

"Taehyung's marriage is in the next month."

She spoke in hesitation after a minute of silence and I froze at the sentence. The first thought that entered my mind was 'you', the thought of having to see you heartbroken again left my heart to squeeze in pain. It was bound to happen someday in the future but the day came too soon.

"Can we please meet, Kook?"

•ᴇɴᴅ ᴏғ ᴘᴏᴠ•