chapter 29

Song: Heat Waves by Glass Animals

I recommend listening to this song for a particular scene...

...

"WHERE IS MY CHERRY BOMB?!" Your yell reached those in the common room as they watched you slip off your shoes and excitedly walk further into the room.

The 'cherry bomb' in question was sitting on the couch watching Kaminari and Sero compete against each other on Mario Kart. He didn't even bat an eye at your outburst, "What the hell do you want?"

Grinning, you stand behind him and reach around, essentially hugging him from behind as you show him what you're holding.

The badge catches the light, casting a shiny and reflective look on it, your smiling picture plastered on the badge caught his eyes first. Then they move to the side, he mouths the words as he reads the name.

"That's right. You're looking at the hero badge of the Mind Hero: Kinesis!"

"You're shitting me."

"Nope," you plop your chin on top of his head, feeling the blond hair tickle your face. "I'm dead serious, I got my Provisional License!"

"But how?" His thumb rubs over your name in disbelief, "The exam isn't until July."

"That is true. But after saving U.A from that villain attack and then my performance at the Sports Festival, the Hero Commission reached out to me and declared that I met their qualifications."

Nervously rubbing at your wrist, you take a deep breath in as the wooden double doors open, revealing a dark room only only illuminated by the giant screen at the end of the table. A table shaped as a U is accompanied by several office chairs, each occupied by a serious looking face.

"Come in Y/n."

"It's Aizawa to you, you're not my friend."

The blonde lady holds an amused look, like she was looking at a child and pitied them. You hated the condescending look she had.

"Very well. Aizawa, please take a seat."

Eyeing the empty seat, you calmly walk towards it, showing them that you weren't afraid or about to be pushed over. Your father had warned you about them, that whatever reason they had for requesting a meeting with you wasn't a good one. Keeping the advice close, you lean back a little and stare cooly at the woman, her name card displaying the title 'President.'

"You must be wondering why we called you here."

"I am."

"We were highly impressed by your performance at the Sports Festival, particularly your quirk. It's a strong one, psionic you called it right?" You nod, prompting her to continue as she clasps her hands together on the wooden table. "The Hero Commission sees great potential in you and we know you'd make a fine hero. We can help you become a hero, but we need...some assistance from you in a case."

"What case?"

The monotoned tone you spoke in made her smirk internally, she thought you were playing right into her hands. "We have heard about the rumors that concern... you. And we would like for you to use your quirk and dive... into someone's mind if you know what I mean."

You try to not let the disgust shine on your face.

"No."

The word is harsh and cold, detached of any emotion.