chapter 11

Twenty minutes earlier...

The alarms interrupted the coloring session you were having, and on instinct, you both cowered away from the noise. But you recognized the signal.

It was an attack.

Jumping up, you rushed towards Eri's closet, pulling out the backpack you had prepared for her in case this ever happened. Along with her stuff, you made sure to grab the knives you had placed in her closet, strapping them to your body. 

"Y/n, what's going on?"

You crouched down to where Eri remained seated, her drawing completely forgotten. "Someone is attacking. This is the perfect chance for us to leave Eri."

"Leave?"

Nodding, you gently grabbed her hand as you pulled her up, handing her the sparkly backpack. "Yes leave. You and I, we can leave this behind and live together."

"Together?"

"No more scary men Eri. We can stay in the sun."

Eri stared at you with awe and hope in her eyes, her small hands tightened around the strap of the backpack. She gave you a small nod as she held onto your hand tightly.

"Don't let go of me okay?"

"Okay."

In such an attack, Chisaki would make sure to set up guards around Eri's room, so that nobody got close enough and so that you couldn't escape either.

What a shame though, because you're determined on breaking free from this prison.

This was the opportunity you needed.

Grabbing onto the handle of the door, you yanked it open. Various eyes snapped towards you in surprise. But before the guards could do anything, you simply waved your hand, watching as their bodies collided with the walls behind them, rendering them useless.

The usage of your quirk rewarded you with several shock blasts, causing you to stumble and hold on to the wall.

Gripping Eri's hand tightly, you tugged her behind you as you walked around all the bodies laying. There was a reason as to why Chisaki always kept you close by.

Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer.

Every corner that you turned, you faced new guards. But it didn't take much to render them unconscious. Their reflexes were too slow, by the time they spotted you, you were already using your power.

The fact that you were using your quirk would be alerting Chisaki, which was both a good thing and a bad thing.

Good thing: He might think you're protecting Eri from the heroes.

Bad thing: He'll come looking for you and know where you are based on the bracelets.

"C'mon Eri, we have to keep moving."

Her small backpack jingled as her keychains clinked together. You didn't want to drag her exactly, but Eri wasn't used to all this running based on the way she was breathing.

Slowly down, you quickly glanced around, making sure nobody was nearby. "Angel, you want to take a small break? You want me to carry you?"

But like the trooper she is, Eri only shook her head no. "Are you sure? I don't mind."

But she only shook her head no again.

Straightening up, you gave her a reassuring smile before tugging her along again. You knew this place like the back of your hand, every crook and corner memorized.