Friends Don't Let Friends Travel Alone

Start from the beginning

Jungkook snarled in disgust but allowed Taehyung to lay the body across his back. "You're the one with inhuman strength, and somehow I am still conned into carrying your garbage around. Also, I didn't know listening to my issues was such a privilege."

He couldn't help the bite in his tone. After the night he'd had, the last thing he wanted to do was lug some desiccated body to Taehyung's body dump.

"Fine, big baby," mumbled Taehyung. He grabbed the body and flopped it over his own shoulders with incredible ease. "Let's go."

Jungkook followed along beside Taehyung, walking the familiar path to the burial ground. He felt conflicted on where to start with his terrible night, but he finally settled on starting with the good news.

"So, Hoseok nominated me for pack Alpha."

Taehyung paused his steps and stared down at the wolf. "Seriously? I thought he was a better judge of character."

Jungkook snarled at Taehyung's smirk and the pair continued walking. "The pack accepted me. I'm the new Alpha of the Blood Mountain Pack."

Taehyung kept walking, but Jungkook snuck a glance at the proud smile on his face. "My little pup is finally grown up. Honestly though, Kook, I am very proud of you. You'll be a fabulous Alpha. Wait, doesn't that mean Jaci could end up as your Luna?"

Taehyung had stopped walking again and turned to look quizzically at Jungkook.

Jungkook kept walking a few more paces and then halted. "She's leaving sometime today."

"Leaving? Why? What did you do?" said Taehyung, using his fatherly tone that would have made his children, had he ever had any, quiver in their shoes.

Jungkook spun around, his tail and frustration both high. "I did nothing! Absolutely nothing! Hyung, she didn't shift! Nothing happened and I feel like I'm being blamed for it!"

"Did she say she blames you?"

"No?"

"Then stop assuming. You know it just makes you look like an ass." Taehyung resumed walking. "Any idea why she didn't shift?"

Jungkook trudged beside him, the weight of his current situation bearing down on him. "No idea. I saw her just a while ago, however, and she said she's going to London. Something about someone who can give her answers."

"Hm, sounds sketchy."

"I know, but what do I do? I just became Alpha. I can't leave my pack to chase after her. I have to be responsible."

"Responsibility be hanged. You are letting your future fly away to London,  to see someone who is a stranger to you. And that someone might have an answer? What if it's not the answer she wants, or you want for that matter? You need to tag along. I would insist on it, if I were you."

Taehyung flopped the dead body down into a grave plot and with a flick of his hand, the wind increased and shoved the piled up dirt into the hole.

"Why didn't you ever do that when I lived here? You always had me shovel that stuff!"

Taehyung shrugged and crossed his arms. "I was helping you build character, Jungkook. And a sound work ethic."

Jungkook growled his irritation out and the pair walked towards the house. "I would insist, but I get the feeling she doesn't want me tagging along. Not to mention I didn't leave on a good note."

"Please tell me you did not lose your temper."

"Not quite. But I did get agitated. I just don't understand why she won't let me help her. I mean, yeah, I don't know what to do, but why can't she let me just stay by her side and share my strength?"