Chapter 11

JADES POV

Its been two days, two days since i've spoken to Niall, Harry or Lucy. Of course Lucy is still seeing Luke, in fact she can't stop kissing and hugging him in front of me.

Maybe when he cheats on her she'll realise how stupid she is been for not listening to me.

I'm currently sitting on my bed, listening to my Spotify, whilst writing down some new chords for my guitar, how much better can life get?

"Hey. How are you?" Vanessa asks, but she's got a look on her face that told me she's weary about approaching me.

"Just dandy," I say, note the sarcasm.

"Want to talk about it?" she offers, sitting on the end of my bed.

"Sure," I sigh, pulling out my earphones and laying back on my pillow.

"Ok, talk to me," Vanessa smiles, positioning herself in front of me.

"Well first off, Lucy shouldn't have gotten so defensive I was just trying to warn her she's being an idiot. So is Harry and so is Ni-" I stop myself finishing this sentence, I can't tell anyone about Niall and I.

"And so are some other people," I mumble, hoping she asks no more questions.

"What's Harry done?" she questions, her perfectly shaped eyebrows furrowed.

If I tell Vanessa, we were getting back at Niall for using Cara, then she's going to want to know how I knew about this and then its all down to her and Louis. But what can go wrong with telling her the truth?

"Me and Harry pretended to date, to get back at Niall for using Cara to get to me. When I told Harry we should stop, he started acting all moody and annoyed but I don't know why. I'm guessing thats why I got pushed to the floor the other day," I explain, putting my notepad back in my top drawer.

"Which is the reason i've been keeping my distance," I add. Vanessa's eyebrows lifted in shock, she's realised I heard her and Louis the other day.

"Yes, I heard you two. I just acted like I didn't," I shrug.

"I wanted to tell Cara, but Louis says that Niall has to do it himself," she sighs.

"I agree with Louis on that. Its Niall's problem, he should fix it," I insist, trying to persuade her.

After I get changed and fix my hair, Vanessa watching my every move, she asks a question I've been dreading to hear.

"Do you...Like Niall back?" she mutters, staring at me.

"I-"

Vanessa's just asked me if I like Niall. I don't even know myself. Over these past few days, my opinions on Niall have changed, but I can't say I don't have some tiny feelings for Niall.

"I...I don't know," I say honestly.

"Its pretty obvious you two are attracted to each other. Well, from my eyes anyway. Has he tried anything on? Has he told you he likes you? What if Cara finds out? What if she finds out I knew? What if thats our friendship ruined forever-" Vanessa rambles, getting all flustered.

"We kissed," I blurt out.

Covering my hand over my mouth, I watch as Vanessa's mouth drops open.

What have I just done? I fall onto the bed, feeling the tears build up in my eyes.

"What- Why? When did this happen?" she asks.

I sit up, sniffling and running my fingers under my eyes.

"He pretty much told me that he is attracted to me. So I said something pretty stupid in that moment and he ended up kissing me," I admit, looking into my lap.

"How did you feel?" she asks.

"Honestly, it was a good kiss. Then Cara walked in when he was about to tell me something," I sniff, pushing my hair out of my face.

Suddenly, our bedroom door is pushed open.

"What the fuck?"

Me and Vanessa snap our heads towards the door.

"Cara."

Author's note:

I don't know whether all these chapters are just full of shit bc i'm reading them back and ew idk.
Thanks for voting