30

Beyoncé

"What we gon' tell em?" Nicki asks.

She's riding with me to Robyn's Christmas dinner party. We're meeting up with Robyn, Solana, Kyla, and Kelly. (Along with a couple of others Robyn decided to invite). Our first outing as an official couple.

I'm personally excited.

Nicki grabs hold of my hand and I rub circles around with my thumb.

"It's okay. Just tell 'em the truth, Nick."

"Are you nervous or is it something else?"

"Just nervous, baby." She says before coming in for a kiss.

I nod. If she's fine, then she must be fine. I turn into the driveway and the whole street is pretty much lined start to end with cars.

I'm gonna assume it's because I'm a girl. Everyone is used to seeing her as a prude christian girl. Now she's showing up to the party a bit thicker with me by her side.

"I'm right here." I reassure her. "Anybody got shit to say, they can meet me."

She begins to smile, "Thanks, Bey."

"Ight, c'mon."

I get out the car first then run to the passenger side to help her out.

She takes my hand and shows no sign of letting go.

Even though this is a Christmas party, we were explicitly told not to bring gifts. I believe that it's because of the cultural differences and because of the drama that can come with gift giving. Convenient for the rest of us honestly. Nicki and I decided to gift eachother our things when we get home.

"Don't let me go, please." Nicki whispers as she tries to catch up to me on her tiptoes.

I slightly dip down, "Wasn't planning to."

We walk into the house. It's not packed which is good. We turn the corner into the living room and some of the couples are basically finger fucking eachother on the couch and watching old classic Christmas movies.

The closer we get to more people, the more Nicki clings to me.

We pass them and into the kitchen where Kelly, Solana and Robyn scramble to cook soul food for the event. I chuckle seeing Kelly try to mix in two pots at the same time while looking back to greet us.

"Hey."

"Hey y'all. Nicki you lookin' mad perfect and pret-"

I raise my brows and put my hand out as if to stop her. She simply giggles and sways her hips.

"Thanks, Kelz." Nicki says.

She looks up at me and I pretend to be hard and mean.

"Bey, quit all that shit. Smile."

"Why I gotta smile?"

"Cuz I'm here and I know I make you happy." She winks at me. "Also Kelly is straighter than a metal pole."

She got me.

"Ight, take the love and cooties out the kitchen while we gettin' this ready."

Since this is Robyn's home that Nicki knows pretty well, she finds a way to drag me to a room. I can tell in the way that she zig zags through the guests that fill up the living space little by little.

"Baby, careful for the step."

"Ight I got it, mama." I respond.

As I look down, I notice a familiar pair of shoes and look up again.