"He should wake any minute. Nova's blood has worked well." She replied.

I breathed out a sigh, my heart calming its rapid pace. We waited in silence and I took notice as he began to gentle stir himself awake.

I shakily stood to my feet but found my head swimming. My knees shook from beneath me and I managed to catch myself before I fell. Footsteps rushed to my side and a familiar warm hand grasped my arm.

"Are you okay?" Pollux wondered. "Nova?"

I easily shook my head, swallowing bile. "We-we marked each other. I don't feel so good."

He cursed, muttering words I could not hear. When he spoke next, it was clearly in my ear, tinged with worry.

"In the middle of a battle? I'm sorry but that's reckless Nova, you don't know the consequences. Your body could be shutting down."

I went to shake my head but stopped when it made the dizziness worse. "I had to. The bullet-it was poisonous. It spread so-so quickly... I ha-had to do something."

He sighed, pulling me to his side. "Well...at least we know our blood works by drinking it."

I let out a sigh of agreement. We sat on the floor in silence, my head feeling heavy as it lay on his shoulder. His arm held me up firmly as the sounds of the surroundings gently vanished.

I felt myself growing tired, slipping into the comforting darkness of the back of my mind. Cel began to growl, bristling her fur and stomping her paws.

'Stay awake.' She ordered.

I whimpered. I don't know if I can. I feel so weak.

She whined, pacing. I tried to follow her advice, and lift my head to shake myself awake. Everything just felt sluggish, and my arms blurred before my own eyes. I could not hear anything but the whooshing of my breath; it was like I was underwater.

I was suddenly jerked into someone else's arms. My eyes flew open in defence as I failed to catch my bearings. The hands were warm and electrifying. My body filled with a buzz like no other. I blinked furiously, trying to see past the peach and brown colours in front of me. My tongue felt heavy, and I couldn't move my lips to talk.

Mumbling and shouts met my ears, the person holding me supporting my head as it fell backwards. I was gently moved, so I was lying down. The feeling of the grass felt strange; like I wasn't quite touching it. It felt wet, yet so so far away.

The mumbles got louder and I felt myself drifting away again, but the warm tingling caressed my face and jolted me out of it. I tried to lift my arm but I wasn't sure if I could. I couldn't feel anything except the weight of my tongue in my mouth.

A sudden warmth on my neck had me jolt, the pleasurable tingles felt like goosebumps along my skin. It disappeared quickly, not saying too long for me to enjoy it.

I moaned, my head falling back to the floor. I noticed the blur move and felt a slight pull as I was moved into a different position.

I wanted to swallow and lick my dry lips, and talk. I felt strange and alone, and nothing was making sense to me.

I dully felt more hands on me, holding onto my shoulder and jaw. Another brushed against my ear, and I wished to know who it was. I couldn't smell, see them, or hear them.

I felt fingers pry my jaw open and I was startled when something pressed against my mouth. A strange warmth began to fill my mouth, my tastebuds unable to pinpoint the metallic flavour. I had no idea what was going on but through the hazy field of my mind, I could only guess that it was blood.