An Evil Alliance

For quite a few days, Chloe thought about what Luka and Zoe had said. Could she possibly find something that made her happier than being Queen Bee? Did she really have a choice...on who she could become? Chloe didn't know. In fact, it confused her more than anything when she thought about it.

Zoe's presence didn't help. She hadn't talked straight to Chloe, but she would always smile, say thank you, and was always polite no matter what. Chloe didn't understand why. She had already gained her parents' love. Why did she care about continuing to keep up the fake act? She had already won against Chloe. It was obvious her parents loved Zoe more.

Chloe often thought about what Luka said. Did...Zoe actually, possibly care about her? She didn't find out, until much, much later.

In fact, there were a lot of things Chloe didn't find out about until much, much later. Like who's side she was on.

Once, she had chosen good, to fight beside Ladybug. But how could she ever stand with her again? She had taken her Miraculous. She had taken her one joy out of life.

Chloe had been angry, for a long time. She couldn't figure out why. She wanted to blame it all on Ladybug, and other people, but, deep down, she knew it wasn't about them. She was angry with herself, and she couldn't figure out why.

But if Chloe had to choose right then, if Hawkmoth would once again give her the powers she needed, Chloe would side with him. He could give her the one thing she wanted. The bee miraculous.

Chloe got a call one day, from a number she didn't know. Of course, she didn't answer it, it was probably some peasant who got the wrong number. But when she saw there was a voicemail, out of boredom and curiosity, she answered it.

"Chloe Bourgeois."

Chloe gasped aloud. That was Lila, the girl from school. She was a liar, obviously, but since she seemed to hate Marinette so much, why call her out?

"We have a proposition to make," Lila continued. "We think you'd be interested in what we have to offer."

Chloe rolled her eyes. She wasn't interested in making allies at school. In fact, she was tired of school. But before Chloe deleted the message, the last part caught her off guard.

"Believe me, when I say this is one offer you won't want to miss out on. Meet us here, at the destination we texted you."

"Adrien?" Chloe said aloud. It sounded just like him. But...why was he with Lila? What was going on? Chloe had to find out.

And, she had to admit, that she missed Adrien. He was such a good friend, and person in general. His company always made her feel a little better. But now she didn't have that comfort.

Chloe followed the instructions sent to her. She had a driver with her, and a bodyguard, so it wasn't like she was going to some mysterious place alone. Chloe's limo pulled up to some sort of abandoned building.

Ugh. She had to go in there? "This better be worth it," she mumbled as she walked inside.

Chloe made her bodyguard wait outside. Something told her that this was going to be a secretive matter that no one was supposed to know about.

Chloe made her way through the building until she reached a doorway. The lights were rather dim, and the building's interior was drab but other than that, it was a decent place.

She got a good hold on the doorknob, then pulled it open. Both sets of green eyes locked with Chloe's blue ones.

"You came." A sinister grin fell across Lila's features.