Part 28: Kelcie comes to town

Pete and Jakkuss recognized the delightful reward picking up Montalco was, seemingly oblivious to the number of stopped-in-their tracks-gaping looks from boyfriends and husbands behind her. The crowd parted to allow her passage, walking up to them with a dazzling smile. 

"No bikini or popping out of a cake outfit, but how'm I doin' on the rest of this?" she asked with a swirl of short skirt above heavenly tanned and stylish legs, well-displayed cleavage, and Playboy bunny pin in her navel.

"Uhhh, very pleased to meet you, Ms. Montalco. I'm Pete, this is Bryan," Pete got out.

"I know who you guys are, Marlena sent me your pictures. And Pete," she poked him in the stomach, "that better be the last time I hear 'Ms. Montalco.' I'm Kelcie, 'kay? Good to meet you guys, and don't sweat any luggage, somebody will get my stuff and bring it to the Grandview, so we can roll right away."

She and Marlena hugged when they got to the condo, then Marlena introduced everyone else. That Kelcie was comfortable using her stand up chops came across from the start.

"Glad to meet everyone," she offered with a smile and curtsey. "This feels like a high school dance, all the guys along the wall looking at the librarian chaperone who walks in without glasses, hair flowing,  and showing more leg and a rack than anyone suspected." 

Her "Hey, what's a girl gotta do to get a drink around here?" set off a scramble of activity before she added, "Thanks everyone, but just kidding about the hospitality, Pete said he'd get me one. How about an Absolut and tonic with lemon, Petey?" 

"Without a bikini, or popping out of a bachelor cake in something skimpy, how'm I doing on the rest of being a former Playmate of the Year?" She did the airport swirl to applause before accepting her drink from Pete.

"Gotta say, this beeyotch who happens to look a lot like me is one lucky girl, huh? Man, Marlena, how will you get any sleep with all this beefcake around? Oh, right, Eddie's the prime cut, lucky SOB we're going to rescue tomorrow. Hey, he's still got to finish writing my second movie, we better get him back!" 

She nodded her head in Marlena's direction. "Talk about lucky! Eddie gets to spend the rest of his life with all that after the 'I do's'? Pete mentioned he'd yanked it a couple times for my Vampire Girl, but c'mon! THAT'S the Real Deal, right?" The Nine roared at her picking on Pete.

"This is a fun Tuesday night for me, because when I'm modeling, I'm usually up at 4:30 for makeup and all so we catch sunrises in exotic locations and whatever, and the shooting schedule for my soap is no treat either. 

"I hear most of you have been playing poker for almost three days, but are we going to lose anyone now that there's a fresh fish in the game?"

Ten heads registered a negative shaking in response. 

"Cool. Pete said he and Jakkuss have been cleaning up on you guys, so maybe we need to introduce some kind of edge, a restrictor plate like in NASCAR racing, y'know?" 

Looking like she tugged them from beneath her outfit, she passed Pete a barely there-lacy thong, looking serious. "How about wearing these Petey Weety?" 

"Say what?" 

"Well, maybe just around a wrist or your neck, y'know, so you're not thinking sooo seriously about your card playing, hmmmm?" she offered coyly. 

Pete grinned while putting the thong on like a skullcap, looping it behind his ears with a minimal line of material across his forehead, cell phones clicking to record the moment.