Oliver (23)

Oliver POV

Its 10pm when we arrive at the Duston Pack House in Boston. The journey was glum, considering all our minds were on the lost member of the pack, a friend. I wasn't close with Zeke but we always said 'hey' to each other when we passed in the school corridors.

Mia seemed like Mia when I went to check on her. I was worried when she didn't show up for school; I mean some of the pack members didn't show up either.  Cassy was on my back about the whole 'Mia prediction', and I told her to drop it and Mia would explain things to her when she is ready.

Now walking up to the pack house I remember how big it is. I got my over night bag, or known as my gym bag in my hand and sling it over my shoulder. Zach is by my side.

" You know what this about, right?" Zach asks as we make it up the front steps to the large open porch area of the house. Following my Dad, Eric, Abraham and Todd, Zach's dad up the stairs. The leader of territory. You would think Todd would be a very restricted person considering his title but he is one of the most laid back guys I know.

"Yeah, its about the recent killings." I inform as my dad knocks on the door.

" Killings?" Zach questions, "I though there was only one death in the pack?"

I turn back to Zach about to reply when the large wooden door opens with a large creek. I watch as two large guards come out and my dad greats them. The guards nod and let us pass through the door into the pack house.

When inside it's similar to our house although the entrance is grander, with a large wooden staircase that leads up to the rooms up above the house. I look to the left and see my Uncle coming through the doorway that leads from the living area of the pack.  Alpha Peter.

"Its good to see you Alpha Desman." Alpha Peter shakes hands with my father.

"As always, I just wish it wasn't under these circumstances." My father replies grimly with a sad smile. My uncle greets, the other leaders, and Zach still seems to be ogling the place, even though he has been here before.

"Ollie!" Uncle Peter exclaims and comes up to me to give me a solid hand shake." I'm glad you could make it, it's been awhile."

"Yes, is that some grey I see in you sideburns uncle Peter?" I tease and he scowls at me with a laugh.

"Just like your mother." He says with a chuckle." How is she doing by the way?"

"She's doing just fine." I answer.

"Ah good, I miss that woman." My uncle states with a sad smile. I guess it would be hard to say goodbye to your sister like that. She was 19 when she came to our pack, and was mated with my father. I can't really imagine saying goodbye to Becca like that because of a mate bond. Although these days it always seems like she is someplace else." Come, I'll show you to your rooms."

We make our way up the large staircase; I run my free hand up the smooth railing that twists classically at the end up each case of stairs. We are appointed to the rooms on the second floor on the guest area. My father and the leaders go down a separate corridor to us.