Mia (34)

Mia POV

I didn't end up going to Addie's funeral. I couldn't face everyone, not after what happened... especially Ollie.

He didn't act like seeing Addie's dead body hurt him nearly to the point of breaking, he stayed strong. Although I feel the deep grief that he is still feeling.

It's raining and it captures the mood of the pack perfectly. Although I wish they didn't have to burry Addie in such horrible weather. From some of the stories I heard he deserved much better.

Lying on my bed I try and focus my thoughts on anything but that night. But it always comes flooding back. Ollie couldn't even look at me that night after finding Addie. I wish I could have done something, anything to save his life.

It seems like hours I waste away in my thoughts, in my regrets. Outside things have calmed down and I take a deep breathe and get myself up.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-..-.-.-.-.--.

Wearing a black dress and tights, not from the bonfire, I make my way through the forest clutching an umbrella. The rain pellets down not as loudly before but it is the only sound I can hear making my way through the trees.

When I make it to the clearing I was expecting it to be empty but one figure stands there near the freshly cut tome stone. He holds up an umbrella to, his suit slightly damp as I approach.

Ollie doesn't even acknowledge me as I come to stand next to him. His eyes remained glued to Addie's name engraved in the stone.

" He wanted to be buried next to my grandmother, this is where they met..." His words are loud enough that the rain doesn't carry them away. And I look down next to Addie's grave to spot and older looking one with 'Rosaline' on it.

I clutch the handle of my umbrella harder, as if it will help to push down the lump in my throat.

"A lot of people showed up." Ollie tells me." My family, my friends the whole pack. Including people from other pack territories that had never met my grandfather, or even some that believed my father's lies of thinking he was crazy... Everyone was there, but you..."

The last words hang in the air as my heart sinks." Ollie... It didn't seem right-" I try to explain but Ollie cuts me off.

"Today wasn't about you." His words are sharp and meant to hurt." Today wasn't about me, and it wasn't about us... it was about Addie. And I just thought-" He cuts himself off, his anger fades out in a sigh." I just thought you would have come."

And I don't have to be a genius to know that he really meant that I would come for him. To support him like he had the moment I arrived in town. I let Ollie down when he needed me and now I feel my heart aching for him.

I have nothing to say, because there is no excuse to tell expect for my own self-pity and fear. I let Ollie walk away until I find my voice again, although it is weak.

"Ollie." I call out and he stops, his head turning slightly in my direction but he still won't look me in the eye." Before Addie died he gave this to me... it was from Rosaline."

I reach for my pocket and find the small folded piece of paper. I slowly walk up to Ollie and hand it to him. He gently takes it from my grasp and I watch him unfold the paper and read. It must have confused him as much as me when I see him furrow his eyebrows.

"April 23rd " he says aloud, the only thing written on the paper.

" Does it mean anything to you or your family?" I question, wanting to know if this date has an actual meaning.

Ollie shakes his head." No." He forces the piece of paper back in my hand." Maybe Addie was as crazy as my father said."

And with that Ollie walks out of sight, leaving me in the clearing. The little droplets of water are not rain that drizzles down my cheeks anymore.

-.---..--.-.-..-...--...-..-.-.-.-.-.

I decided to brave school again the next week; most of the pack took Friday off like myself, and we had the weekend. I just really want Monday to be over and done with.

When entering the building I notice the stares right away. Everyone from the pack must have heard by now I was there at the 'crime scene'. And they are probably all suspiciously curious about me now... more than they were before.

I try my best to ignore them and the stares as I make it to my locker. But it turns out this wasn't a safe place either. I find Poppy, the blonde leggy model walking my way to lean on the locker beside mine.

"So is it true?" she asks and I stop unpacking my bag in confusion to look at her.

"Sorry?"

She gives me a devilish smirk." What people are saying about the bonfire... apparently people saw this huge Black Panther?"

"Yes there was." I grit out trying to focus back on unpacking my bag, instead of Poppy and her prying questions.

"Really." She pretends to be surprised." That's right you were there weren't you... well since there is no evidence they could find of this supposed creature people think everyone was hallucinating it, because of the overly spiked punch."

I ignore Poppy not wanting to hear what she has to say anymore, but I can't find my biology textbook I need for first period so I can escape.

"You know what else people have been saying." She leans in closer to whisper and I try not to lose it, I bite my lip instead." They're saying that you had something to do with it."

My eyes widen as my body goes still, I don't have to look to see Poppy slightly smiling." Everyone has discovered your not a werewolf, so you might be some other deadly creature that no one knows about... who knows? you might have lost control that night and needed to spill a little blood-"

I slam my locker door loud enough to stop her sentence." I didn't kill Addie." I say louder then intended and I hear the soft whispers and silence of the corridor, all eyes on me again. I feel flush on my cheeks as I bolt away from Poppy, forgetting about the rest of my stuff and my textbook.

I don't think I can brave school today.

..-.-....--..-.-.-.-.-..-.-.-..-.-..-.-

Updated as promised!

I really hope you like the story.

Lets see who can guess where the photo and line is from above? It's an Amazing movie. ( I just gave you a clue)

I hope to update soon.

Love you!

Sorry if badly edited.