Oliver (15)

Oliver POV

My father made me swear I never tell anyone about Mia unless I have to. It wasn't the reaction I was expecting to have from him. A banshee is not normally known to be allowed in a pack before. But either way, as long as she is safe.

I know for a fact that something other than that scream happened that night. Yes, it woke everyone up but when I got back to the pack house everyone was there frightened to death. But soon later, after I saw a private conversation with Mia's mum, and then Beta Thomas comes along from a patrol, everyone is told to leave or go back to sleep. He didn't even give a reason why.

Everyone is still tired this morning, but to keep the pack functioning my father didn't decide to cancel morning training today at 6.30 am this morning. The groans can be heard as everyone is walking to the training grounds.

" What do you think that was last night?" Becca asks as we make our way to the far end of the oval where the rest of the gang is. Doing a routine circuit of weights and shuttle runs. "Dad didn't say anything to you did he?"

I know everyone was going to be gossiping about last night today. And I know Becca has the best intentions to the pack but I really was hoping to avoid the question." I don't know, and dad never says anything to me anymore, remember?"

It comes off a bit more aggressive then intended "Whatever I was just asking..." she rolls her eyes and walks faster to the group as I walk slower and sigh heavily. I never know what's up with her these days.

"Look who finally decided to show up, the alpha twins." Trent mocks as he and Zach are doing some stretches. Becca just sighs and heads towards Kelsey and Cassy doing the shuttle runs.

"I thought we were doing something more serious then routine circuits today." I ask , normally Fridays are the really hard work secession when on Friday nights they let us have off because of it.

"My dad couldn't come, had to do something else this morning. Alpha's orders." Trent informs and that confuses and worries me at the same time.

"So there's literally no point for me to have actually woken up so early." I groan.

"Apparently not." Zach says, I can see I am not the only other tired person around here." You hear what there saying right, about the scream."

This catches my interest and I have to pretend like my mate isn't responsible for a midnight alarm clock last night.

"Your not going on about those ghost stories again." Trent complains.

"Ghost stories?" I question.

"So what else explains the fact that there was a scream so loud last night that it actually was able to wake up everyone on the pack grounds, I heard some even in neighboring packs."

"So you believe, Zach, that centuries ago a woman had to watch her mate die by being cut in half and her scream was so loud that it killed the hunter from ever killing again. You think the ghost of that woman is still in the forest?"

I feel offended for them to talk like this. Knowing its Mia and not some ghost story they made up to frighten everyone makes me angry. But I know if I say anything that could cause Mia harm.

" What else could it be." Zach says.

"Are you ladies done gossiping, its your turn for shuttle runs now." Cassy comes back in her skins and tank top. She has bags under her eyes like everyone else.

"Who are you calling ladies." Trent says and I think Cassy is so tired to even start an argument today.

"If you really want to know what that scream was last night, no one knows." Cassy informs." My mum said when she was around 5 to 8 they had screams like that a couple times a year. No one ever knew what it was, so someone made up a ghost story to scare everyone. And to make sure no kids went out at night."