Zeldris felt like his heart was being torn from his chest. How could his father do something like this, 'Then again father is ruthless when it comes to those who disobey him.' he thought as he sighed softly and laid Selena down on her side of the bed. He looked down at her as he climbed into his side of the bed. Zeldris held Selena against his chest as she slept, though it didn't sound like a very pleasant dream. Zeldris saw this and began to sing the song Aurora had taught him to help Selena calm down when she was upset. "Now it is time to forget your burdens and fears. Let go of the things weighing you down. Instead look towards the sky, that's where I'll be. Sun and moon.., weep not little ones for I am here, your worries become another wave, in the sea, So wash away, close your eyes, and sleep.. Precious ones, So small.. Soooo sweet, straight from, the brightest star. What a miracle, you truly are. I am blessed that you're here."" as the song came to an end Zeldris felt Selena relax in his arms and her breathing calmed. A few minutes later the couple was asleep in each others arms.

Selena looked up at the sky above her and let out a sigh. "Why mama? Why did I have to be cursed like this? Not only will this curse destroy me, but everyone I love as well. Zeldris is so kind and sweet to me, but because of the curse... I don't know if he will ever be able to get over my passing." At these words, Selena felt herself begin to cry. Soon she felt a pair of strong arms wrap around her, she looked behind her and saw Zeldris, and he looked upset as well. "Zeldy? What's wrong?" she asked. Zeldris sighed, "Nothing firefly, I'm just worried about you." Selena cuddled closer to him and began nuzzling his neck in an attempt to comfort him. "Try not to worry love, I know we will find a way to stop this curse." Zeldris hugged Selena closer to him and let out a soft sigh. "I know, but that's not the only thing I'm worried about." Zeldris lifted his head and looked down at Selena. "Firefly? Did your parents ever tell you how they met and why they left their families?" he asked. Selena froze and couldn't think of what to say, Zeldris saw this and began to comfort her as best he could. "It's ok if you don't want to talk about it but it might help us know how to break the curse." he said as calmly as he could. Selena let out a soft sigh, "Ok Zeldy, just promise you won't hate me when I tell you." Zeldris was surprised at the request but nodded nonetheless. "Of course firefly, you have my word." he said as he kissed Selena and then rested his cheek against her forehead. With a shaky breath Selena began to tell the story her parents had told her of how they met, taking a breath before she told the story of her parents first meeting. What she told him was not the full story however, though she remembered the story well as it was one of the treasured memories of her parents. The first time, though, they told their children the story many times. Though Selena couldn't bring herself to tell all of it, she told him what she thought he needed to know for now. That her parents had abandoned their clans for love, and when the Demon King and Supreme Deity found out they were furious and cast a curse on them and their future children. But she couldn't help remembering the story herself, especially after so many years without them.

Azura had been called upon by the Supreme Deity to find and retrieve a very powerful and dangerous relic, the celestial gem, while Desmos had been told by the Demon King to find and bring him the same relic. Azura wasn't too far from where the relic had last been seen. When she got there she was surprised by how easy it had been to grab, a few minutes later she stepped out of the ruined temple and looked towards the sky. Azura let out a soft sigh of annoyance. "It's getting too dark, I'll have to stay here until sunrise.'" she said more to herself than anyone else, what Azura didn't know yet was that she wasn't alone. Desmos looked at the young goddess in front of the temple from his hiding place. He was surprised by how pretty she was. Her hair changed from the brilliant auburn color it had been just hours before and darkened into a deep purple that reflected the beauty of the night above them, her wings went from golden color over most of the wing with blue tipped feathers at the ends to the same shade as her hair. The wings now reflected the heavens above as well. He shook his head , attempting to rid the intrusive thoughts of the lovely goddess, and thought of a new plan. Once Azura had gotten a fire going she began to cook some food for both her and her companion, Artemis. Soon she felt the presence of a powerful demon, "Wonder what one as powerful as this one would be doing out here, no matter. As long as they don't try to attack me we won't have an issue." she muttered under her breath. Desmos was so close to getting the relic, all he had to do was knock out the goddess, grab the relic, and run. When he got close enough he attempted to knock her out , but she had been expecting him to do something like that, and using her magic she summoned a small ball of light bright enough to blind the demon temporarily. A few minutes of fighting later, Azura was pinned to the ground, but while Desmos had been distracted she grabbed some ash from the fire and threw it at his face. He yelled in pain and anger.

Azura was about to fly away but something in her told her not to fly away just yet. So she got up and began to attempt to get close enough to heal him. "Stay away from me, I don't need the help of some heartless goddess." he said. Azura rolled her eyes at the demon. " I'm trying to help you, um-" Desmos stopped struggling as he answered her implied question, "Desmos. What's a pretty thing like you doing out here? Wouldn't someone like you be better suited for healing back at a base or something?" he asked. Azura sighed, "Unfortunately my brothers, Mael and Ludociel, don't want me anywhere near a battle. So I end up doing the tasks none of the others will take. It doesn't help that most of the others are afraid of me." Desmos looked shocked at this. "How could anyone be afraid of you, I mean as far as I've seen you're nothing but kind and sweet, um-" Desmos rubbed the back of his neck and blushed in embarrassment, "Sorry, I forgot to ask your name." he said nervously. Azura laughed, a soft and soothing sound, "It's Azura, or Azzie as my siblings call me. And there are lots of reasons the others don't like me, mainly that my abilities are...darker than anyone else in the goddess clan has ever seen." she replied. The two stayed and talked until sunrise. When the two were about to leave they realised one of them would go back empty handed. Seeing as Azura needed the relic more than he did, Desmos insisted she take it. "But what about you? The Demon King-" Azura was cut off by Desmos laughing slightly, "He may be strong, but so am I. Besides, one 'failed' mission won't get me killed." This time Azura let out a laugh and gave Desmos a kiss on his cheek. "Who would have thought a demon could be such a gentleman." she joked. The two agreed to meet again soon. A few centuries later the two decided to abandon their clans and be together, they knew what they were doing could get them killed but they didn't care as long as they had each other.

"And when the Demon King and Supreme Deity found out they cursed our parents, and us." Selena said as tears ran down her cheeks. Zeldris held her as close to him as he was able and gently wiped her tears away. "That's awful that they did that to your parents, and you. Especially since you and your siblings hadn't been born yet" Zeldris said as he held her close. Selena could only nod in agreement.

Selena awoke and looked down at the photo of her family, before her parents had left. 'We were so happy back then.' Selena thought to herself as she let out a soft sigh. She felt a shiver run up her spine. "Brrr, it must be getting cold or something." she said, more to herself than anyone else. She grabbed some tights, a pair of jeans and black top, as well as her favorite sweatshirt. As she put on her favorite black sweatshirt with a crescent moon, she felt Zeldris wrap his arms around her again and lay his head on her shoulder. "Something wrong, my queen?" he asked, sounding as though he was still half asleep. Selena brought her hand to his head and proceeded to play with his hair as she began to nuzzle the top of his head. "Sort of, I don't know why but I feel like we're being watched, and I suddenly got a chill up my back so I thought I might be cold ." Selena shook her head slightly and sighed, "But it's probably just me being paranoid again." Zeldris turned Selena so they were face to face. "Selena, if you say something doesn't feel right then I'll believe you. Besides, I've been getting a similar feeling for the past few days. I didn't say anything because I didn't want to scare you." Zeldris said. Selena leaned into Zeldris and gave him a loving kiss. "Thank you Zeldris, I'm just glad I'm not going crazy." Zeldris looked down at her and smiled, "I would love you even if you were crazy.'' Selena began to chuckle. "And I would too. I love you Zeldy, with all my heart." Selena cuddled against his chest as Zeldris smiled and gave her a gentle, yet passionate, kiss. "I love you too, my firefly." he said as he pulled her closer to him. A few minutes later they were in the main room with the other commandments. After a bit Selena fell asleep again in Zeldris's arms. A few minutes later the sins and everyone else came by for a visit and to talk about what to do about the archangels and how to get rid of them.