twelve

Meanwhile, in the store,

Ace- how about this? He questioned pulling out a hot pink mini skirt.

Dior- oh of course! Why not a see through top as well?

Ace- okay well you don't like ANYTHING of this now do you. He asked coldly.

Dior- I think that this is a stripper shop and I am not a stripper, but I would be amazing if I wasn't a great assassin, but no Ace. I am so very sorry I do not like any of these.

Ace- I don't need your sarcasm Dior. What if you wore this one?

Dior- wouldn't you like that? She made a curious face trying to hold on her laugh.

Ace- fine then. I don't care what you say anymore I'm just picking something.

~~~

The drive back home was fairly quiet considering they had never really spent this much time together and after a while, you start to run out of insults. Just the silence was enough to keep them company. Well the silence and the rain.

They arrived home and got back into their room without waking anyone up. Like they never even left.

Dior looked at the outfit that was laid out on a tiny sofa in their bedroom

'A hooker. Overnight I became a hooker.' She thought to herself before getting distracted

The lightning strikes, making them stare at the window.

Dior- try not to get scared and hug me tonight Ace. I'll call your mom if YOU get really scared. She joked to herself making Ace look at her holding in a laugh. Spoiler alert, he WASN'T laughing at her joke.

Ace- okay dior but YOU'LL be the one hugging me. He said between laughs, and dior stared at him as if he was the stupidest person alive.

Dior- "f*ck off" she groaned as she turned her back to Ace. The dozen pillows in the middle separating the two. Who knew he could be so funny in his own little way?

~~~

The next day at about 7pm, there dior stood in her outfit. It was a blood red outfit. The red skirt that always seemed to ride up. The top that didn't leave too much up to the imagination.

She pulled down the skirt one last time staring at the mirror until she saw aces reflection come up behind her.

Dior- "you really think it's appropriate for me to wear this IN FRONT OF my future in laws? AND for my first mission to show them I'm more capable than you? Pathetic" she spit out and turned around to face him eye to eye. He took a minute to just take in her outfit.

Ace- "you look perfect... well as perfect you can look for a hooker job" he tried to save what he had just said but it didn't seem like Dior cared all that much. She walked right past him and slowly opened the bedroom door to go to the dining room. Walking down the hallways and stairs she couldn't help but feel all eyes on her. "Just keep walking love" suddenly a voice said into her neck. Dior elbowed Ace pushing him away knowing he always gave her the chills when he did this. And he did this a lot. Like when they used to- oh shoot. back to the story.

When they got to the dining room, both of their fathers were already there. Mr. Pierce was sitting down with his head in his hands. I guess he WASN'T too happy about this other. Mr Romano was standing next to him with a tired look on his face. His eyes skipped over dior and darted to Ace.

Mr Romano- did you get the file for the mission?

Dior cut ace off before he could even open his mouth. "What file? Why didn't i get a file?" 

Mr. Pierce- yeah romano... why didn't she? You could hear the anger in his voice.

Mr. Romano- oh my god I don't have time for this... This only angered Dior more. She laughed and stepped closer to him but Ace put his hands on her hips pulling her into him.

Dior- so is this the same reason I have to dress up as a hooker just to get a mission from you? Because that's just pathetic. There's a reason your son hasn't been able to kill me. I give a good fight. I deserve better than this. She spit out as anger took over.

Ace- dior... stay calm. He whispered into her neck, bringing back that feeling in her stomach. Sending chills down her back.

Mr. Romano- "enough with the chit chat. Ace, Dior, get to the club by 8. Dior, since this is your first mission, as the... baiter, you will need to prove yourself to the team. They need to trust you so that they have your back in there. At the club there should be many people with eyes on you. Someone from the tech team will give you a little mic so that you, ace, and the whole team can communicate. Make sense?" He rushed out waiting for an answer from dior but she was too annoyed to talk to him. Instead she just nodded and rolled her eyes. Honestly it is very ridiculous she even has to do this. She could kill anyone with her eyes closed. 

Dior- okay i'll be in the car. She said quickly, pulling herself away from Ace's grip and leaving the room. Not long after, Mr. Pierce left as well.

Ace knew he should have left with dior as well but he found himself confused on if he should leave or say something to...

Ace- dad... I want to say something to you? Well more, I think I NEED to say it to you...

Mr. Romano- okay then... spit it out

Ace- I know me and Dior haven't always gotten along... or really ever gotten along. And she can be very annoying. LIKE VERY annoying. She can give me a f**kin headache by just breathing-

Mr. Romano- "Ace." He groaned.

Ace- yes well... She might be a lot of things... but talented is definitely one of them... I don't think she needs to prove herself to anyone. 

~~~

hi guys! Im sorry this update took so long but I've just been busy getting ready for school. School starts tomorrow and I hope I can still find some time to write! Again, thank you so much for the support. 

10K FREAKIN READS? you guys are the best <3333