Chapter 21: Any last words?

Start from the beginning

Kicking the case under the bed, I threw on my coat and quietly left my room.

Creeping through the dark house, I quietly opened the door to Lucy's room to see her fast asleep snoring with her little mouth opened.

Her arms were wrapped around the bunny James had bought for her whilst the duvet and my jacket were laying over her. 

"I have to do this to stop the nightmares little Lucy" I mumbled to myself.

Leaving her in the peace of her deep sleep, I gently shut the door and quickly left the house.

It was a relief that Maria was also asleep as I knew she'd try and stop me.

Unlocking the door, I opened it up to the dark night sky and nodded to the guard who was standing post.

He frowned at me surprised to see me about to walk out, but I knew they'd follow closely behind me.

Locking the house door, I quickly got on my bike and started speeding down the driveway eager to satisfy the darkness within me. 

*********************

Watching them from the safety of the shadows, I observed them laughing like maniacs as they assaulted women as they walked by, whistling at them, blocking their path and even touching their bottoms.

Following them with my eyes, I watched as the sneakily exchanged something with another man before handing over some money.

They hurried off the street and rushed into a dark alleyway, their voices still loud and could be heard from the street I stood on.

Throwing my hood up, I shoved my hands into my pockets and quickly crossed the road before looking round at the alleyway.

I had stayed in the shadows and kept out of view of the cameras even though I knew my men had already got a hold of them and had scrubbed over it upon my orders.

Stepping into the darkness of the alleyway, I slowly edged closer to the scum watching as they injected something into their arms.

They laughed and fell back with random body jolts and movements.

They were high as kites.

Staying away, I watched as they started shoving one another before picking something up.

To my horror, it was Lucy's bunny. The one they stole from her nearly a year ago before beating me to a pulp.

The boys laughed as they punched her toy repeatedly before making inappropriate actions with it.

Feeling sick to my stomach at the sight of the three boys in the alleyway, I kicked a glass bottle towards them causing them to look at me in a panic.

"Well what do we have here?" one laughed as he pulled out a cigarette.

"A young boy shouldn't walk these streets alone. There's a lot of dangers around" another smirked as he threw his syringe to the floor.

"You're right, there are" I replied back straight away. No fear coursed through my body.

The boys looked at me as I continued walking towards them. They looked at one another before looking back at me.

"Oh my God, it's that kid we robbed. I wanna say thank you. The money we stole from you was used on some fantastic shit. You here for that or the little bunny we stole from your sister. Tell you what, give us your sister and we'll give you the money back. Sounds like a fair exchange" the man laughed whilst blowing out a puff of smoke.

Feeling my heart quicken at his words, I clenched the ends of my coat to keep myself in check.

"You need to keep your emotions in check if you want to succeed. Don't let the enemies taunts get you".