7

I layed down on my bed thinking of those days when "TING" came a noise from my phone. One message was from Alex and another was from Jake. I read both of them...

Alex: Hey, Kathryn! Hope you liked that white teddy bear I gave you. Just saying goodnight and I'm still waiting for your answer ;)

Jake: Hi, Rose! I hope your feeling better physically and mentally. I want to meet up with you privately at the park again. How about 4:30 pm on Saturday? That would be great!

I replied to both of them...

(For Alex) Kathryn: I adore the teddy bear you gave me! And hey, no pressure! I'm still thinking about it. Good night to you too <3

(For Jake) Kathryn: Thanks for caring about me. And I think I'm free on Saturday. I'll be at the bench :)

I wonder what Jake wants to talk about. Does he want to know more about me? And I mean, should I accept Alex's offer? I do like him, but don't you guys think it's a bit....soon? I washed my face and slipped into my PJ's and went to sleep.

~Saturday~

I got ready to go to the park. Of course, I bring my purse, my phone and my favourite book! I walked to the park and sat on the bench. I've noticed that there are some football players in the park as well. I suddenly felt a wet substance on my leg. It was "BACON!!! I missed you so much, boy!" I said. It was Jake's dog. I wish I had a dog. He is so adorable!!! I saw feet beside Bacon and it was Jake. I smiled and told him to sit beside me. Bacon jumped onto my lap and I petted him. "Wow, you really like dogs, don't you, Kathryn Rose?" Jake asked.

"I think 'like' is an understatement. I LOVE dogs!!" I smiled.

"You make me laugh" Jake said,

"So anyway, what did you want me here for?" I asked.

"Umm....well, there is a school dance coming up and I wanted to ask you if" he started pointing in front of me. The football players lined up and took off their jerseys. I slightly blushed. Hey, you can't stop a girl from blushing at guys with abs right girls? But on their abs it said...

"Will you be my date to the dance, Kathryn Rose?"

My eyes widened. I looked at Jake and he smiled. Oh no. But didn't Alex ask me already? I'm in big crap -.-". Jake said "Well? Is it a yes or a no?".

I didn't know what to say. I just sort of froze. After a couple of seconds I replied "I need to think about it...thanks for asking, though!" I smiled.

His smile kind of shrunk. "Darn, I thought I was going to get a yes, huge hug and kiss"

"Wait what?" I did a double take.

"Nothing...nothing" he winked at me. I smiled back at him. We just kind of stared at each other for a moment. His blue eyes would some how twinkle at me like it's trying to hypnotize me. I shook my head to gain conscience and said "right! I have to go home now. I need to study". I stood up and so did he. "Alright, let me walk home with you" he offered.
"You don't have to, it's like only 3 blocks away". I replied.

"C'mon, I can't let a girl walk alone, that's dangerous" he insisted.

"Fine. If you want to" I agreed. We walked a couple blocks from my house and stopped at a flower shop. I'm a true flower lover. I wish to be a florist like my cousins. Jake and I walked into the flower shop to check out flowers. I saw this beautiful pink rose that had a really nice scent. But I looked down and saw the price....$40?! I looked upset and I walked to the exit, but Jake wasn't following me. He was writing something down on a notepad, frozen on the spot. "Um, Jake? Are you coming or not?" I giggled. He jumped and smiled then he walked beside me all the way back to my house. As I reached my door step I said good bye to him. He waved good bye and spoke "remember to think about my proposal -wink-" then he left. I blushed and closed the door. I walked up stairs to my room and went on my laptop. I searched for dresses I should wear to the dance. There was this beautiful dress that was purple with pearls on the top and diamonds on the bottom (picture on the first page of the chapter). Maybe I'll braid one part from each side of my hair a clip in on the back. I think that would be perfect! I clicked on the "buy" button and waited for it to arrive in 2 days. With in those days, I got bored so I went to the library. I tried looking for the book "Insurgent" since I already finished the first book "Divergent". After 5 minutes of bookshelf hell, I finally found the book. I grabbed the book, but someone was pulling back at the other end. I pulled harder, but so did the other person. I let go of the book and I heard a big thump. "Oh my gosh, did I make that person fall?" I thought. I walked to the other side of the bookshelf and I saw Alex on the ground in pain. I gasped and helped him up. "Ow...hey, Kathryn. Someone was pulling back at this book I wanted to read" he explained. I looked guilty. Alex looked at me. "Ummmm...sorry 'bout that, Alex" I apologized. He looked at me madly. I looked guilty. But then we both burst into laughter. He started staring into my eyes. I couldn't help but blush. He finally said "Right, here. Sorry I pulled against you". He handed me the book. I smiled as a way to say "Thank you". He walked with me to the counter to check it out. After I checked it out we decided to go to the smoothie cafe near our school. Alex offered to pay for our smoothies. "one blue raspberry smoothie and one pinapple strawberry smoothie, less sugar, medium crush please" he ordered. Wow, he remembered my usual since grade 5. We sat down at one of the booths and talked about the dance.