1

Summer of 2015. Hanging out at the beach with my friends. Setting up a campfire, singing songs while Brandon played the guitar. My name is Kathryn. I'm a freshman at Eagle Ridge High. My best friends are Alexander (Alex for short) and Kasey. We've been best friends since forever. Right before that incident.

~10 years ago~
First day of kindergarten. I just moved to Anderson Rd. I knew no one at school. I knew no one in my neighbourhood. Just me, my big sis, my mom and dad. I was so scared to go to kindergarten, I literally felt like throwing up. But, I know that I need this education for the future. So I took a deep breath, and walked into class. Mrs. Chesterfield was my kindergarten teacher's name. Her first impression on me was....well....different. She tripped over a box of toys and broke her glasses. But then she quickly stood up, and apologized for that "grand and unexpected" entrance. I didn't know what those words meant. But all I thought was that she was one weird old lady.

Lunch came by and like the loner I am, I ate alone. I watched the kids sliding down the slide, playing tag while eating my sad vanilla pudding cup. I was sitting on a big rock when suddenly a boy scared me. I jumped in terror and said "Hey!!! What was that for?!". The boy snickered "calm down, missy! It was only a little spider!". I had a huge phobia of insects so then I shrieked again. The mean little boy laughed and fell on the ground. Then another boy walked up to him and said "that's not nice. Stop bullying her". I watched as the mean boy stuck his tongue out at the boy defending me and walk away.
"Are you okay?" Says the boy.
"Y-yes. I'm fine..."I said shyly.
"My name is Alexander Ashton Sanders the 2nd" he replied.
"Hello, Alexander Ashton Sanders the 2nd. My name is Kathryn Rose Westchester the 1st" I giggled.
Alexander Ashton had a British accent which i completely adored. We became best friends. After we introduced each other, he called over a girl with curly hair and bangs. She introduced herself as Kasey Simons. She became my best friend too.

Ever since that day, us three have been hanging out. We've been going to the same school through Kindergarten to my present grade, which is grade 9. From then, I think we changed. Alex (Alexander Ashton Sanders the 2nd) is a book worm. All he does is study, study and more study. He wears big, thick black glasses like I do. He normally cargo pants topped off with those Knit-rhombus patterend-vest sweaters with a dress shirt underneath. Kasey, on the other hand, is a Fashionista. She changed her hair style to up-do and classy to staight with a bandana decorated with rhinstones on it. And her nails....her nails will show you a story. Like seriously, one hand is a beautiful scene with a sunset with a couple having a kiss. And the next is a dark and stormy night, showing a dis-figured tower on top of a hill. Let's just say that she's......wow. As for me, I'm the Designated Ugly Fat Friend (woop! movie reference!). Yeah, I know, that's a bit harsh of me to call me bad things, but its true. Like if I say I'm on a diet, I'll have a 1 liter bottle of root beer beside me, eating BBQ chips and watching Once Upon a Time on Netflix after one day. My sense of style is...actually, I honestly do not care about my apperence. I just go for a white tanktop with my favourite maroon cardigan with some jeggings and my run-down grey converse's. Yep...all though I must say, my glasses smoothes out everything from my head to toe ;).

After school, I was supposed to meet up with Alex and Kasey today at the football field to talk about student body issues. Alex is normally the first one to come to our meet up since he IS the student body president. While waiting at the benches and looking at jocks playing football, I put my headphones on and texted Alex and Kasey.

Kathryn: Where are you guys? It's already 3:50. If you guys arent coming I'm going to walk ho--

Then something hit me on my head. "Ugh, damn. That hurt!!!" I said aloud. A football player runs up to me and says "Sorry, missy! I yelled 'HEADS', but you didn't listen to me". Ugh, only ONE person calls me 'Missy', and that's Jake Thorn A.K.A. The boy who scared me in kindergarten. Jake is the captin of the football team and is an extreme player. All the girls fall for him, even KASEY dated him at grade 6! I don't get how people fall for him, he is such a D bag to girls and yet, my gender STILL falls for him. I put my hand on the spot where I got hit. Jake said "Here, Missy, use my water bottle as an ice pack". I yanked his water bottle out of his hands and placed it on my head, gently. "Wow, what did I ever do to YOU? I thought we were best friends ever since kindergarten?" He said. I got so mad "Two things. One. We were never friends and we will NEVER be! Two. I have a name!". All that Jake did was smirk. I took my stuff and started walking away. Ugh, I can't believe people fall for such a stuck-up snob like him. As I was walking home, I started texting Alex and Kasey.

Kathryn: Okay, you two. I am mad. I've waited for you guys for 1 HOUR! What happened?!

My phone made the "sent" sound and then I turned it off. Suddenly, I saw some popular preppy girls that went to my school, laughing. I had a bad feeling about it, but I was curious.