Chapter 28

"Hey! Hey! Stop running!"

"Get away from me!"

Outside the walls of the Herald City, a half-naked Paragon was chasing a fully cloaked woman.

"Hey! Give me my quest!"

"Get lost!"

Maria turned to the left and started toward the gates. Since Kane was banned from entering the city, he had to stop fooling around and chased her at full speed. However, he was too late. Maria already entered the gates while Kane was blocked by the guards at the entrance.

'Damn it.'

Suddenly, Kane saw that Maria was trying to cover her face. He gave an evil grin before shouting at the 3 debt collectors just in front of Maria.

"HEY! HEY! DEBT COLLECTORS!!"

The debt collectors looked behind and saw shouting madman from the gates.

"Who the hell is that idiot?"

"Sir, I think... he's pointing at something."

Looking at what the madman was pointing at, they spotted the cowering Maria.

"Oh! Look, that woman!"

Maria quickly turned around and ran back towards the gate. While watching Maria approaching him, Kane was curious about something.

"Hey, guards. Aren't you supposed to protect the people? Why aren't you helping that woman?"

"Why? You want us to pay for her debts? What about other people who were under debts? She was the one who was under debt. She ought to pay them. She was the one committing a crime here."

Maria passed the guards and Kane. A few seconds after leaving the city, Maria was flustered upon seeing Kane beside her, running at the same pace.

"Hey, lady. Just give me the fucking quest, and I won't bother you!"

"Get lost, you're the one who put me in this mess! You should fix it!"

"Fix it! Yes! I want to fix it! But... but why is there no quest coming out?!"

The debt collectors that were behind them shouted at Kane.

"Hey! Dude, help us! That woman stole money from us!"

[You received a new Quest]

[Quest: Debt Collectors (E)]

Description: Help the debt collectors capture the vagrant, Maria.

"The fuck?! This is not what I was expecting! Should I do it again?"

It only took Kane a minute before changing his gaze at Maria. This time, he had a wicked vibe that Maria could feel. He was smiling, but Maria could feel the bad intentions behind that smile.

"Ha! Stop bothering me! Piss off!"

Kane dashed toward her and carried her.

"Kyaaa!"

Kane turned around and ran toward the debt collectors.

"Hey, guys! I caught her! I caught her!"

"KYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAA!! YOU FUCKING IDIOT!!"

Maria started punching Kane's head.

[You received 5 damage.]

'The fuck? Even this woman has more damage on me than me.'